Active Topics

Originally Posted by Radu View Post
After installing iproute and doing
ip addr add 10.255.255.254/30 dev gprs0
My WiFi connection stopped working properly. It seems that it can't find an IP, and the DNS resolving stopped working. Strangely, Skype can still connect, but nothing else work.
I uninstalled iproute and rebooted, but still no luck. I am using the version before 1.3 (the one you posted 2 days ago).

Any idea what might be wrong, and how can I fix it?
I assume you're talking about libicd-network-3g-ipv6 version 1.3

Do you have libnat64 installed? You don't need it if you don't already have it.

You don't have to run "ip addr add ...". Sorry, that was for testing something else. I guess there are too many things going on in this thread.

When you go to connect to your wifi, does it still list your access point? Does it just blink the connecting icon and then pop up the error message?

Can you setup debug mode?
http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/DebugMode

Yes, I meant libicd-network-3g-ipv6 version 1.3
Ok, so here is what happened:
I was connected through putty to my N900 on WiFi. I installed iproute so that I can run your ip addr add command.
Then I put the phone in the window to get some 3G signal to test it. I might have disconnected the wifi, then connected again with putty through wifi, and I tried to wget your file. I couldn't resolve the host.
I rebooted, connected to wifi again and the Home IP widget doesn't show any IP anymore, gtalk won't connect and hosts aren't resolved. Pinging IP addresses works though.
ifconfig shows only an ipv6 address to wlan0, i think before it used to show an ipv4 address too. I tried to put a name server manually in /etc/resolv.conf but it still didn't work..
Any ideas on what might have happened?

Yes, I meant libicd-network-3g-ipv6 version 1.3
Ok, so here is what happened:
I was connected through putty to my N900 on WiFi. I installed iproute so that I can run your ip addr add command.
Then I put the phone in the window to get some 3G signal to test it. I might have disconnected the wifi, then connected again with putty through wifi, and I tried to wget your file. I couldn't resolve the host.
I rebooted, connected to wifi again and the Home IP widget doesn't show any IP anymore, gtalk won't connect and hosts aren't resolved. Pinging IP addresses works though.
ifconfig shows only an ipv6 address to wlan0, i think before it used to show an ipv4 address too. I tried to put a name server manually in /etc/resolv.conf but it still didn't work..
Any ideas on what might have happened?
It sounds like dhcp didn't get an address. ifconfig can get confused, though. Does "netstat -rn" show a line starting with "0.0.0.0"? Is your internet connection working normally for other wireless machines?

Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
It sounds like dhcp didn't get an address. ifconfig can get confused, though. Does "netstat -rn" show a line starting with "0.0.0.0"?
Yes, the second line.

Is your internet connection working normally for other wireless machines?
Yes, just tested with my N810 (even disconnected and reconnected from WiFi) and it works fine.

Anyway, if I don't have an IP, how can Skype still connect? And how can I ping stuff?

Yes, the second line.

Yes, just tested with my N810 (even disconnected and reconnected from WiFi) and it works fine.

Anyway, if I don't have an IP, how can Skype still connect? And how can I ping stuff?
Ok, it sounds like you got an IP. Maybe it didn't set the dns server in /var/run/resolv.conf.wlan0? Is dnsmasq running?

dnsmasq is running (or at least it said ti was already running when trying to start it).
/var/run/resolv.conf.wlan0 points to my gateway

One interesting thing, I can't connect to the N900 through ssh from my desktop, even though sshd is running and I can ping the IP of the N900 from my desktop...

Ok, there is some magic involved here.
I rebooted my phone again, next to the window. It tried to connect to the 3g network, and failed. Then it switched to wifi, and voila, I had an IP on my Home IP widget. But still no DNS resolving.
But I rebooted it, and now it works great on wifi. This is really strange..

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
ddown-

I've posted over in the RadioTime thread. Looks like there might be some similar errors.

Ok, there is some magic involved here.
I rebooted my phone again, next to the window. It tried to connect to the 3g network, and failed. Then it switched to wifi, and voila, I had an IP on my Home IP widget. But still no DNS resolving.
But I rebooted it, and now it works great on wifi. This is really strange..
I think there's something else going on there, unrelated to the 3g/ipv6 library. I'd recommend you run icd2 in debug mode, just to see if anything prints out any error messages (some error messages are normal).

debug mode: http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/DebugMode

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
hey guys sorry for the dumb question I followed the instructions at http://n900-ipv6.garage.maemo.org/ and in this step should the ipv4 apn and ipv6 apn be the same?

# Edit the 00_enable_apn_ipv6 file with an editor (e.g. vi) in order to setup a) the IPv4 APN value to hook up when activating IPv6 APN, b) the IPv6-capable APN value, c) the IPv6 APN username and d) the IPv6 APN password, finishing by saving the changes

Ive put the ipv4 apn as the original and the ipv6 to the one tmobile sent me in confirmation letter. it works but how do i know it switching between ipv4 and ipv6 properly. thanks guys

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile