Notices

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Is Pierogi really working on air conditioner?
I try Pierogi on Panasonic and General Electric air con, but I can't get it work.
No keyset is working.
I have no problem using Pierogi on my tv.
Does air con on Pierogi need special step (like change carrier frequency)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sLumPia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by sLumPia View Post
Is Pierogi really working on air conditioner?
I try Pierogi on Panasonic and General Electric air con, but I can't get it work.
No keyset is working.
Well, I have to admit that Pierogi is just barely working on air conditioners. The big problem here is that there are just no good (public) sources of keyset data for air conditioners. Especially for the "stateful" A/Cs; in general, if your A/C's remote control has an LCD screen on it, that means it retains information about all the settings within the remote itself. Because of this, each time you send a command from the remote, all the settings get sent at the same time. This makes decoding signals a lot more of a hassle.

That said, I'll take another look around; things might have improved a bit since the last time I checked...

Edit: Hey, does your A/C remote look like this?

I've found a site where someone did the hard work of decoding this thing's signals... I'll add it in to Pierogi asap.

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-04-19 at 17:04. Reason: Found one!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Oops, sorry, I really do need to clean up the documentation. (I keep putting that off...)
No problem

Also, I honestly do intend to finally try and get a extras-worthy version of 1.1 prepared once the documentation is updated.
This is good to here

I was thinking that other attributes, such as "millisecond" or "minute", might be convenient in other situations. (Pausing by minute, along with a loop, would be enough to implement an intervalometer. I really need to get some more work done on adding more macro features...)
Great that worked.

I now have a compatible XML.
Having issues getting the Sleep command to work on LG again, I am sure we had this issue before. Works ok in Utility but Macro seems to fail.

Hmm. That sounds quite logical; and, it's yet another strike against the Qt "getOpenFileName" dialog. I'm going to have to come up with some custom dialog of my own, I guess... Thanks!
TBH I'd be happy with a fixed place, it's only a small file. Maybe even a open with "your favourite text editor" button.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Having issues getting the Sleep command to work on LG again, I am sure we had this issue before. Works ok in Utility but Macro seems to fail.
Hmm. Maybe a timing issue? The macro system currently simulates a very quick keypress for each "send" command; if you need to hold the sleep button down for a little while before the TV will accept it, that could be the problem. (This is another parameter I need to add to the XML spec. )

TBH I'd be happy with a fixed place, it's only a small file. Maybe even a open with "your favourite text editor" button.
Yeah, I think you're right; there should at least be a "default" macros file. (I was kind of hoping that it'd be useful to have multiple macro packs available; maybe a pack specific to the living room, another one for the bedroom. Or perhaps even set up complicated macro packs for special purposes -- trick photography, recording TV broadcasts, controlling a media room, etc. Anyway, I'm kinda getting ahead of myself here... ) I'll see what I can do.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I was kind of hoping that it'd be useful to have multiple macro packs available; maybe a pack specific to the living room, another one for the bedroom. Or perhaps even set up complicated macro packs for special purposes -- trick photography, recording TV broadcasts, controlling a media room, etc.
You could do that in the one file.
You have the macropack's listed by name.
I don't see why one file can't have multiple macropack tags as long as the name's don't conflict.
Maybe upon loading the Macro panel, the file is refreshed an the macropack's are listed in a combobox?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ P town
Edit: Hey, does your A/C remote look like this?
http://cdn.instructables.com/FQH/XC4...K3QV.LARGE.jpg
I've found a site where someone did the hard work of decoding this thing's signals... I'll add it in to Pierogi asap.
Maybe, I don't know. It was the A/C on the Church

A note on icons... After the discussion earlier in this thread about my pasta-flavored icons, followed by the need to create a new icon for Torchio, followed by the discovery that my current icons are all simply too small for use on Android, I've come to the realization that I probably do need to create some new icons. Sixwheeledbeast suggested that for Torchio I could use an icon for a terminal screen overlaid by a pasta image, and I'm thinking that combining a functional icon with a pasta icon might be a good idea for all my apps.

Anyway, I've been playing around with a very cool little vector graphics program called Inkscape, and have been trying out some ideas. For Pierogi, I was thinking that a power icon overlaid by a pierogi might work. I'll append a few shots of what I've got right now to this post (one at the resolution used by the N900 for app icons, and one a little bigger to see some detail). Please tell me what you think! Thanks.
Attached Images

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I have a cheap and rare low quality LCD TV: Buslink MLT-8V.

http://www.amazon.com/Buslink-MLT-8V.../dp/B000BLHZO2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16889119001

I'd request it be added, but I don't know where to look for the IR commands for it. Pierogi automatic search did not help.

Originally Posted by chill View Post
I have a cheap and rare low quality LCD TV: Buslink MLT-8V.
Wow. When you say "rare", you ain't kidding. I can't find any mention of a "Buslink" brand in the LIRC archive or the hifi-remotes site. The Buslink company does have a website, but nothing there describes them ever producing TVs, and all links to Buslink TV product or support pages on their site are coming up as "Page not found" errors. Heck, I just did a general Google search for "Buslink MLT-8V", and the post you just made is now entry #37 in that list (and is probably more informative than most of the stuff ahead of it).

Chances of finding a ready-built config file are, I suspect, slim to none.

I'd request it be added, but I don't know where to look for the IR commands for it. Pierogi automatic search did not help.
Hmm. If none of the existing Pierogi keysets can power it on, I'm not sure what else there is to do at this point. The only thing left would be to use a device that can "learn" the remote codes off the Buslink remote. (I know that a PC with an IR receiver running the LIRC server can do it, and there are a number of other ways to do so as well.) If you can get those codes, I can probably decode them and add them in to Pierogi...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
The new icon is very appetizing! Thumbs(and NEONS) up for it. If I would change something, it would be color of Pierog (singular) there - from artificial yellow to more natural-looking, edible one.

...is it still a thread about InfraRed remote control program?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control