For an upcoming trip to Turkey I am looking for a symbian phone with the following attributes:

Cheap as sh**
Crazy battery life
USB charging
GPS
WIFI

I want symbian due to it's excellent battery life and PROPERLY integrated SIP stack.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
For an upcoming trip to Turkey I am looking for a symbian phone with the following attributes:

Cheap as sh**
Crazy battery life
USB charging
GPS
WIFI

I want symbian due to it's excellent battery life and PROPERLY integrated SIP stack.

Any suggestions?
One of the smaller ones? 5600 etc?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands

Cheap as sh**
Crazy battery life
USB charging
GPS
WIFI

Any suggestions?
N86, it's a good phone with great camera and has keys. Pretty decent battery life too.

Go for N82 or E71 or E72 if usb charging doesn't matter much USB charging on these older, IMO better, symbians are pretty rare unfortunately.

N85, also matches your criteria, N97 mini (this is the better version of the N97, which was not so great device :P )
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

I knew the legendary Mr Pingu symbianfreak would chime in!

Thanks!

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I knew the legendary Mr Pingu symbianfreak would chime in!

Thanks!
You're welcome
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

I would recommend buying an used N8. 90 euro on ebay and you get a great camera for your trip next to a great gps too. Considering the battery, get a powerbank..

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I'd go for a used C7 (NFC, FMTX,WIFI, GPS...), it is the most gadgetized Cx I know of or go for a new C5 not as good but that depends on the trip duration...

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on May 2013 @ Melbourne, Aus
Originally Posted by foredoomed View Post
I would recommend buying an used N8. 90 euro on ebay and you get a great camera for your trip next to a great gps too. Considering the battery, get a powerbank..
Ah the N8, it was always a fun machine to play with. Camera on it is still one of the best I've used, very reliable and cheap.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
get yourself a N8

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I'd get 701. Camera is better than in c7, costs pretty much the same as n8. It's much faster and you get fp2 which is very nice.