Notices

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
I'm a little inexperienced with the linux filesystem and I am having problems correcting the .config file.

I installed leafpad and made the changes to the .config file but it won't let me save the changes as it complains: Name unable to start with "."

I also tried to change the file by copying it, making the changes and copying back (using cute explorer) but it refuses to copy the new file onto the existing files location.

I would appreciate any help.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Kingdom

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by matrim View Post
I've modified the transfers.py to allow the sync media button to also sync the sd card media folder.
(...)
Note: This will overwrite the changes that sm8ps has written. So if you want to use both together someone will have to create a new version incorporating both changes.
Hello all,

I stumbled over the mail notification about matrim's update and thought I throw in my 2 cents' worth. Though, since my n900 bricked spontaneously, I have switched over to a different device for daily purposes, including Dropbox. (I did buy another n900 second hand for the sys-admin work out of the pocket, though. Nothing can beat this device for that!)

As far as I can tell, my patch *should* be dead-easy to adapt to matrim's changed version as it changes just a few lines of code. They will be off-set in matrim's version but other than that I do not see any difficulty. Have a look at the patch files in a text editor. If anyone is interested in trying, I could assist.

Cheers!

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by sm8ps View Post
As far as I can tell, my patch *should* be dead-easy to adapt to matrim's changed version as it changes just a few lines of code.
Uh-oh, at second thought this might not be so simple, though. There are two different locations to sync with only one remote folder. I am uncertain if this can be done without major additions to the code.

So I believe it is an either/or-type situation: either have your pics only in internal memory with a clumsy but functional two-way "sync" provided by my patch or have a one-way sync from internal memory as well as sd-card provided by Matrim's new version.

Cheers!
St. Müller

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
for n9 please!!!!

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Hi, just installed the app but my account won't authenticate.
I keep getting the message:

Email and/or password invalid

I made the changes to .config but I don't see any changes in behaviour.
I also made the password extremely weak to check if I've typed it wrong.

Anybody who's got a clue what could be the problem?

n900user259

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by n900user259 View Post
Hi, just installed the app but my account won't authenticate.
I keep getting the message:

Email and/or password invalid

I made the changes to .config but I don't see any changes in behaviour.
I also made the password extremely weak to check if I've typed it wrong.

Anybody who's got a clue what could be the problem?

n900user259
Make sure that You're editing .conf file using X-term and any text editor, like Leafpad - I think it's all described by the author. It won't work when You try to change it using FileBox, etc.

Yep. I used leafpad.
Can't understand why it isn't working.

Thanks for your reply.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
A random thought regarding DropN900... according to this:

https://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=97191

Dropbox will drop support for their oldest access API on the 1st of May, 2013. I wonder if DropN900 uses that one?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Just read the forum entry. Apparently no new users are allowed from the 4th of March to connect to the old API.

Any code wizard out there willing to take up the challenge of updating DropN900 to the new API?

n900user259