Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by common View Post
ok how can I reflash my phone?
you chose the wrong "mobile", dude

anyway:

Updating The Firmware

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2011-12-12 at 13:29.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello,
I serached around a bit and I'm sure someone asked this already but I couldn't find it:
Will a future release of CSSU include "real" protrait mode for all the Maemo stock apps? By "real protrait" I mean that the screen rotates AND its entire content is shown, without the need to scroll sideways.
I have the current latest testing release, and e.g. in Media Player and Conversations, bottom half of display is empty when in portrait, while half of screen content is hidden to the right and side-scrolling is necessary to see it.
Is Maemo 5 gonna see this fixed?
thanks, ben

Hope some one can help me but is it safe to install the Stable CSSU with the latest stable Power Kernel 2.6.28.10power42 already installed??? Will they live happily together and still allow me to overclock my N900.

If so, is there anything I need to change before or after installation of the CSSU\P-Kernel to ensure they both perform as intended?

I'm also worried that when it comes to updating the CSSU or Kernel with new stable releases if they will install without issue to each other.

Really appreciate some advice before bricking my device.

Last edited by mightymidget; 2011-12-12 at 13:26.

alright i've got it installed and i've also installed the CSSU Configuration. where do i go to on the rotation for my homescreen and menu?

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Armand360 View Post
alright i've got it installed and i've also installed the CSSU Configuration. where do i go to on the rotation for my homescreen and menu?
you go to http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/FeaturesStable
and check out the hildon-desktop section, it's even the first command

CSSU Configuration has CSSU in the name, but is not developed by the CSSU team

Originally Posted by mightymidget View Post
Hope some one can help me but is it safe to install the Stable CSSU with the latest stable Power Kernel 2.6.28.10power42 already installed??? Will they live happily together and still allow me to overclock my N900.
Yes they will live happily together.
CSSU doesn't inlcude its own kernel yet, and if we at some point include one we are going to make sure that it does not interfere with user installed kernels.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
thanks merlin. i tried the first line but nothing happened.

EDIT: woah my bad a reboot got it rotating. thanks merlin!

Last edited by Armand360; 2011-12-12 at 16:35.

Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post

Yes they will live happily together.
CSSU doesn't inlcude its own kernel yet, and if we at some point include one we are going to make sure that it does not interfere with user installed kernels.
Thanks Merlin, I'll give the Stable CSSU a go later.

It's great to see all this active development. I was gonna get a N9 but with all this stuff going on in the N900 world I think I'll wait

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ maemo
switched from testing to stable without flashing

but i dont have protrait mode

How can get the app names to add that in the blacklist. I wanted to blacklist k9call widget, mycontacts widget etc

I've read several times that cssu testing is better than cssu stable when it comes to features and "putting it to the edge"....

I haven't tried any cssu and now I want to install the cssu.So, could anyone tell me what are the better features present in testing cssu?

Thanks for your great work for releasing the testing and stable releases