Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
I find this quite handy to use, but is it only restriced to one instance?

I have 5 instances of this widget on my one screen, all with different currency values. ( I travel between 4 different countries in a week and have to deal with currencies from a further 3 other countries)

The purpose of having 5 of these widgets on one screen, each displaying various currencies, is purely for convenience sake. But i find that they all tend to default back to the currency set up of the first widget displayed after a reboot or charging, etc.

In order to make it permanent, is there a work around for this or am I just doing something wrong?

TIA
My Favourite posts!
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=539
http://forums.precentral.net/2674180-post149.html
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=500
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=63720

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Hi there,
I can't answer your question, but I have another one related to this widget. I keep changing the reference and target currency, but it keeps defaulting AUD and USD. Is anyone else that is using this widget having problems with it's default values?

The Following User Says Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gryedouge View Post
I find this quite handy to use, but is it only restriced to one instance?

I have 5 instances of this widget on my one screen, all with different currency values. ( I travel between 4 different countries in a week and have to deal with currencies from a further 3 other countries)

The purpose of having 5 of these widgets on one screen, each displaying various currencies, is purely for convenience sake. But i find that they all tend to default back to the currency set up of the first widget displayed after a reboot or charging, etc.

In order to make it permanent, is there a work around for this or am I just doing something wrong?

TIA
Hi,

thanks for the feedback.

That works fine in the newer version of the widget (0.1.5) which is available as an update.

ó

The Following User Says Thank You to marcin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by travla View Post
Hi there,
I can't answer your question, but I have another one related to this widget. I keep changing the reference and target currency, but it keeps defaulting AUD and USD. Is anyone else that is using this widget having problems with it's default values?
Hi,

I assume you tap 'Done' after changing the reference currency.

Please let me know if the problem persists in the newer version of the widget (0.1.5). I haven't seen it personally so far.

ó

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by marcin View Post
Hi,

I assume you tap 'Done' after changing the reference currency.

Please let me know if the problem persists in the newer version of the widget (0.1.5). I haven't seen it personally so far.

ó
Hi marcin,
Thank you for the response, and sorry I didn't log this bug through the correct channel. Yes, I do select/tap 'Done' after changing the reference currency, I have even reversed the order in which I do things (and played with changing the update time and not changing etc.). Anyway, same result each time.

As for 0.1.5, has it been promoted to Extras? I noticed an update made on the 22nd of Oct, but it is still v0.1.3-1.

Kind regards and thanks again for your support,

travla

Originally Posted by travla View Post
Hi marcin,
Thank you for the response, and sorry I didn't log this bug through the correct channel. Yes, I do select/tap 'Done' after changing the reference currency, I have even reversed the order in which I do things (and played with changing the update time and not changing etc.). Anyway, same result each time.

As for 0.1.5, has it been promoted to Extras? I noticed an update made on the 22nd of Oct, but it is still v0.1.3-1.

Kind regards and thanks again for your support,

travla
Hi travla,

the 0.1.5 version is already in Extras-testing and will be in Extras once it gets 10 positive votes on.

Please let me know if the problem persists and I will investigate it further.

Cheers,

marcin

Hi marcin,

I was just wondering if there was any way to stop the flag being shown on the widget?

this ap is working fine for me when i connect on wifi, itll update to the schedual ive planned for it (every 2hrs) but since i have unlimited cell data, i connect via my 3g data and it updates the first time i choose the currencies, but after that it doesnt update at all well im using 3g data...... any help?

After I updated to PR1.3 Currency Exhange Widget won't start anymore. Also after trying to start this widget all other widgets disappear from my home screen. Anyone else having same problem ?

Originally Posted by Souseke View Post
Hi marcin,

I was just wondering if there was any way to stop the flag being shown on the widget?
Hi,

Currently the flag is displayed by default. I will consider making it an option in future release.

--
marcin