Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
You can't patent such idea
You're not in the US, I presume

But you're right, in Europe you can't (normally) get a patent for such a thing.

Yea, I know US patent nonsense - slowly it's coming to us in Europe too...
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Yea, I know US patent nonsense - slowly it's coming to us in Europe too...
...or trademarks...

I'm not sure how big the demand of such a application / website solution for the N9 could be. There are several websites and applications for Android and iOS... but mostly in combination with other "toolbar" software or something like this at the desktop side or totally cluttered websites.

If I count the thanks for this Idea in my two threads I would say at this moment there are including me only 2 people who could find something like this useful. Hmm... I'm not sure if this could be enought and worth all the effort.

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

N9? Oh damn, I was sure You're writing it for N900. Geez, damn, indistinguishable categories (shudn't N9 threds go to platform/harmattan?)

Still wishing good luck, though.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

N9? Oh damn, I was sure You're writing it for N900. Geez, damn, indistinguishable categories (shudn't N9 threds go to platform/harmattan?)
It's for me the same. I mentioned only the newest model to keep my post short.
I write it for N950 first, so it will automatically work for the N9 and I have only to rebuild the qml part to get it at the N900 working because I don't need parts of QtMobility (whereby this shouldn't be a problem in the meantime). If I keep the application simple it is only a matter of hours. (I hope)

The only device I wouldn't port it to is Diablo because I don't own such a device and it is perhaps tooo different.

And to reassure you, I still use my N900 as my main device. It has more storage, a better keyboard compared to the N950, I have all my SMS on this device and some applications for the N9(50) are still missing. So I would need and use it on the N900 too, "to copy" a Link from my N900 to my N950 (because of the faster browser) or from the N950 to the N900 (because of the missing Flash Player).

Last edited by helex; 2011-11-13 at 09:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
As feared... google shutting down the first parts of google bookmarks within the next few weeks:

http://www.google.com/support/bookma...answer=2365222

Goodbye, Lists: FAQ

What is Lists?
Lists is an English-only experimental feature of Google Bookmarks for sharing bookmarks and collaborating with friends. Lists is being discontinued on December 19th, 2011.
Why is Lists being discontinued?
Google is prioritizing our product efforts so we can make things much simpler for our users and devote more resources to high-impact products.
When is Lists being discontinued?
Lists will become read-only on December 12th and will be entirely discontinued on December 19th, 2011. During the read-only period, you'll be able to change the public/private status of lists you own, but you won't be able to create new lists or edit existing ones.
What happens to my Lists once the feature is discontinued?
  • Lists that you own: All items will be saved as bookmarks with the label "MyBookmarkList". Comments will be saved along with each bookmark.
  • All other lists (including those shared with you): You’ll no longer be able to access these lists. If you want to save items from these lists, you should bookmark them before December 19th, 2011.
Yes, nobody needs today this "lists" to "share" bookmarkcollections... but I wonder what could happen with the rest of this useful service.

In my opinion a seamless integration with google chrome with web frontend to edit and access the bookmarks from everywhere with proper API for third party applications would be a brilliant addition to google docs... likewise a google notes service. (but they shutted their small attempts already down in favour for google documents - but would really everyone create a office document to write down a small note?)

Hmm... perhaps I'm to much geeky to understand our current IT world!

Tags
bookmarks, google, network, webaccess