I bought Bose in-ear headphones (1st series) with the call answer key. After the default headphones works with the answer button, I thought that this would work also. But as soon as I put the 3.5 mm jack inside the N900 hears a loud noise and this even before that the media player is on.

Has anyone of you also have problems with these headphones determined?

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Tampere
Is the Bose headset for the iPhone? The mic and gnd are swapped. There could be conversion plugs available? Or solder a new plug.

The Following User Says Thank You to seppoi For This Useful Post:
No is not only for iPhone. Mine are from the 1. series and there are avayable 2 types: without answer button and with them. They have both a 3,5mm jack and a set of plugs to change in 2,5mm so you can use them with other devices

Only from the new series there is another typ specially for iPhone and iPod.

I've noted that the noise is not so loud when I let pulled the answer button, so I think your right with your diagnostic.

I've wroten to customer service of bose and if they can't help I will try to change them or search for a plug.

Sorry for my bad english and thank you.

At the end i changed the bose headset against a bose-modell without microfone and this works very well.

When you buy a headset with microfon for N900 (or in general for the N-series) you must pay attention how are configurated the 4 pins. In fact Bose uses the iPhone configuration, so they don't work with the most of Nokia phones.

Here you can see the difference of the pins.

Last edited by delmar; 2011-01-28 at 14:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delmar For This Useful Post: