Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
...but need a great browser and Spotify when trying to give My jolla Phone another shoot.
Just out of interest, what's wrong with the Jolla stock browser? It certainly has everything that I need. In the order of preference: tabs, great speed, excellent rendering quality, history, bookmarks, download capability... the only two things I miss are copy&paste (yes, I know about the patch but that requires a patch manager first, ewww!) and view page source.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Just out of interest, what's wrong with the Jolla stock browser? It certainly has everything that I need. In the order of preference: tabs, great speed, excellent rendering quality, history, bookmarks, download capability... the only two things I miss are copy&paste (yes, I know about the patch but that requires a patch manager first, ewww!) and view page source.
Nothing is really wrong but you can always improve...

- you can easily change so you never reach mobile pages. how to change user agant in jolla?
- you can't get access to URL field without reloading or go to browser task manager.
-browser task manger is not well designed its to messy, bad visibility , not responding fast when you do stuff fast.
- you can only have one browser window open so to load several pages at once you need several browsers...e.g youtube stop playing when you go to another tab in browser so need several
-no gestures in jolla browser
-copy and paste
-click links in jolla browser is a lottery.
-navigation in different forms needs different browsers since they handle it different

will split screen come to phone?

could add some more but these are my top.

I think jolla has improved alot during the year. but the still have far to go

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-20 at 09:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
The browser has an annoying habit of not knowing where you tapped some of the time.
Also some people want the tabs to be always visible on the top or bottom of the screen never mind the smaller screen area for actual content. Many android browsers offer fancy extra features like complex gestures etc.

It's not possible to install any Firefox add-ons (at least not easily). Of course, this isn't possible on the Webkit browsers like Webcat and Web Pirate either, but it's still something that would greatly benefit Jolla's browser. I hope someone from the community can send a patch upstream to get this working, but it seems there's not much interest in doing so. I do agree it doesn't really need much more, it's just a bare bones browser for mobile phones after all.

Originally Posted by Waitee View Post
The browser has an annoying habit of not knowing where you tapped some of the time.
This was fixed in update 9, no more problems now. (Finally, I wonder how that even slipped by QA.)

Originally Posted by Waitee View Post
Also some people want the tabs to be always visible on the top or bottom of the screen never mind the smaller screen area for actual content. Many android browsers offer fancy extra features like complex gestures etc.
Tabs always visible: use another browser, namely this one: https://openrepos.net/content/dax/webpirate

I'd prefer if all these browsers that aren't Firefox would at least use Gecko, but Webkit is apparently what the cool kids use. This is something I actually quite like about Jolla's browser, it's not just yet another Webkit browser.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I'd prefer if all these browsers that aren't Firefox would at least use Gecko, but Webkit is apparently what the cool kids use. This is something I actually quite like about Jolla's browser, it's not just yet another Webkit browser.
I suppose that has a lot to do with WebKit being included in Qt (it also originated as the web rendering engine of KDE's Konqueror back in the day, sometimes I forget about that ).

Nothing is really wrong but you can always improve...

- you can easily change so you never reach mobile pages. how to change user agant in jolla?
- you can't get access to URL field without reloading or go to browser task manager.
-browser task manger is not well designed its to messy, bad visibility , not responding fast when you do stuff fast.
- you can only have one browser window open so to load several pages at once you need several browsers...e.g youtube stop playing when you go to another tab in browser so need several
-no gestures in jolla browser
-copy and paste
-navigation in different forms needs different browsers since they handle it different

will split screen come to phone?

could add some more but these are my top.

I think jolla has improved alot during the year. but the still have far to go
Also, browser history is difficult to use in landscape mode: https://together.jolla.com/question/...andscape-mode/

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Do you know if cutespot can handle offline. As i remember apis dident support that before.

Dolphine...
Does Jetpack option work well? Also do you use adblock for dolphin?
Thanks!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Does Jetpack option work well? Also do you use adblock for dolphin?
Thanks!
I don't know. I don't need it. My phones are always fastest of the fastest and I don't visit pages with ads You have to try it and tell me, sorry

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
This [browser tap lottery] was fixed in update 9, no more problems now.
So I have been told. It did happen to me occasionally in U9 too, although about 100x less frequently than in U8. And guess what? It just happened to me now, in U10 I left the edit box where you type your post on TMO and when I tapped back in the box to continue typing, one of the buttons above it got pressed. Quite reprodicly. I think I triggered it by screen rotation but I am not 100% sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Incidentally, I had a play with WeatherBug from the Amazon store. It uses Google Maps still so it's not 100% working. I would have thought Amazon would have blocked apps that used Google Play Services in their store.