Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Then when we're done, we can throw some lipstick on that pig.
Looks slightly copyrighted maybe

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
Reboot, then try again.

Done that, no change.

Still not visible for me in Applications Manager either....

OK, the "recaller" widget is now available from extras-devel (CAUTION!). From the description:

- Add beeping option
Please, make it an OPTION, and not mandatory.

It is NOT illegal to record calls in the US, so long as at least one party in the conversation is aware that recording is taking place.

http://www.callcorder.com/phone-reco...aw-america.htm

Other countries may be different, I know the N900 is not an exclusive, "Only the yanks can get it" kinda phone.

Now, I understand you may be concerned about liability, and I respect that. But I humbly point you to recording applications for other Operating Systems. Most do not have the beeping, or have the option to turn off the beeping.

Thank you for creating this app. I've got it installed on my N900, but as of yet have not needed it.

PayPal donation on it's way shortly.

The Following User Says Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:
Looks slightly copyrighted maybe
In my case, I'm not sure. I own the product that the image is lifted from and currently I'm repurposing it for personal use. But it does make me wonder, at least two of the images on that background seem like prior physical art that Apple rearranged on a page. No doubt the arrangement is all Apple's, but what about the pieces themselves?

Anyway, I have zero abilities in the graphic art department and I'm working on my screen rendering skills. This was just a quick-and-dirty starting point. And I can always slap something else up there:

Name:  neumann2.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  21.7 KB

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by addee View Post
Done that, no change.

Still not visible for me in Applications Manager either....
Sorry, but can anyone else see it under Applications Manager for download????

First of all, twaelti ... plenty of kudos and thank you for your hard work. It is much appreciated.

A minor gripe with the later versions: personally, I think the change in the button when recording is way too subtle now. The old, admittedly less sleek button with the clearly visible change in color was probably better from a usability point of view.

In addition, a question/suggestion: with the N900 being a 3G capable (ahem ) phone, I would expect it to be capable of doing the AMR family of codecs out of the box as well. Does anybody know if this is so? If it is, having the option of recording in AMR might be nice, not only for more mass storage efficiency, but also to allow for quick reasonable length voice MMS in conjunction with frals' excellent fMMS effort.

Regards,

Chris.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego, CA
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
i changed my version of recorder to encode files to flac format and added possibility to listen / delete recording after it's done.
Thanks for this mod, the code doesn't look bad either.

FLAC format opens up much more options for this as a general recorder (the mic is pretty decent).

I will attempt to use this to record a small concert tonight.

I try to add an option to normalize the recording and perhaps other post processing.

The Following User Says Thank You to go1dfish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by go1dfish View Post
Thanks for this mod, the code doesn't look bad either.

FLAC format opens up much more options for this as a general recorder (the mic is pretty decent).

I will attempt to use this to record a small concert tonight.

I try to add an option to normalize the recording and perhaps other post processing.
go for it and tell me the results

The Following User Says Thank You to spawn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
A short report on minor progress:
I've prepared a new version of recaller that now uses AAC ADTS instead of ADIF. Recordings now play well using VLC, so this should take care of the compatibility issues mentioned by others. Unfortunately, the Maemo Autobuilder is down once again, so I can't yet build the new version for you. Hopefully tomorrow

I plan to add FLAC support as an option.
I might well change to (or add) a statusmenu function like the one in the example code, might be handier for some. AA full app might be another project.

However, for now it works well as a general purpose recorder, as this example cleary shows: I went skiing with wife and kids today. In the afternoon, Forgetful, I put the N900 in my pocket in unlocked state, touching the recaller widget by coincidence... 1.5 hours after, when checking the time, I saw the recording reminder popup! Therefore, I'm currently listening to a 90 minute live recording of my family's skiing adventures . The sound is extremely clear, I can hear all conversations we had on the slopes, probably up to 10 meters away, while the phone was in a trouser pocket.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brasil
oh, very good. but what about the autostart option will be added?
I used the "CallPlayer" on the Treo, and it really was fantastic!

http://mytreo.net/downloads/callrec,913.html

Closed Thread