Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Yes it is. Another half of problem: sometimes now-free SIM tray self pops up and, yes, this causing disconnect N9 from mobile network. Interestingly that after pushing tray in, phone also connects to network without rebooting OS. Ok. But I think, I may lose microSIM and it's time to wear something on N9.
What Case of Perfection for N9 in addition to the standard? Images, photos, history threads, holywars? Thanks!

p.s. Black unibody. Single piece of polycarbonate. Bla-bla-bla

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
yeah. it supports sim hot swapping. In any case I'd believe your warranty is still valid (the phone can't be that old ) so send to service for repairs.

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Or, if you don't want to send your phone away for such a little fix, order the spare part and replace it yourself. I paid roughly 10 euro including shipping, changing the door takes all of 5 seconds.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flof For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flof View Post
Or, if you don't want to send your phone away for such a little fix, order the spare part and replace it yourself. I paid roughly 10 euro including shipping, changing the door takes all of 5 seconds.
Yep - the USB door isn't exactly ingenious design, but it's a quick and inexpensive fix. I ordered from SparePart.dk, which ships internationally - though it was backordered and took forever to arrive in my case.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Might buy a spare for when (not if!) mine breaks

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Might buy a spare for when (not if!) mine breaks
good idea
a

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Philippines
Already keeping a spare for my white one. Also have a spare SIM tray. You just don't know up to when these parts will still be available. It's a good idea to keep them in your hands already.

The Following User Says Thank You to raptor2k7 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
i took mine off. See no reason for the door. They cleverly eliminated it in Lucia 900.

Sorry for revamping this thread, but how did you remove the usb door? I've also looked at services manuals but they don't help me as I try to pull, it won't pull out and seem near break point.

How can I unplug it?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to suzughia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by suzughia View Post
Sorry for revamping this thread, but how did you remove the usb door? I've also looked at services manuals but they don't help me as I try to pull, it won't pull out and seem near break point.

How can I unplug it?

Thanks!

No other way

Last edited by Garrett_PL; 2012-06-10 at 21:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post: