Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I've had several people ask me how to make themes and I have started work on several new themes I decided instead of making a new project for every theme I would make a Garage Project to put all my themes under. I also wanted to use this as a way to teach people how to make new themes. I have 3 main themes in the works right now Windows XP, Mac OSX, and Linux Mint. I have also started a collection of College Team Color thems(none of which have been released yet). If anyone is interested in helping with any of these themes, or interested in making a new theme of there own but want some help doing it contact me or join my garage project If you don't know how to use graphic programs like photoshop but have some ideas about themes feel free to join up we might even teach you a few things. Also now all my Alpha releases of themes will be only released to registered testers on my project. If you would like to be one of the first people to try our new themes make sure you join up as tester.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
I was just about to make a theme when I read this, I will help but I'm not excellent at making themes.

Originally Posted by jackdoor View Post
I was just about to make a theme when I read this, I will help but I'm not excellent at making themes.
Thats cool thats why I started this project to help people who want to make themes.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Northern NJ
This is on my list of things I want to do but just haven't gotten around to yet.
I still have so much to learn and do with the NIT since I just got it a little over a week ago.

But I am interested in the project.
I have requested to join in the garage but I just want to make sure this project will allow for learning how to first.

I know Photoshop well and have worked with/created themes/skins for WinAmp (LONG time ago), XBMC (mainly tweaks and personalizations) and Meedio.

Anyway... I hope to start diving in deeper asap.

yeah I'm more then willing to teach anyone who wants to learn. The Theme maker program is very simple to use and to design the theme you simply modify the template that comes with the theme maker.

After I accept you guys make sure to check out the forum on Garage Site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2008-08-20 at 14:24.

Great idea. I have hacked up desktop GTK themes before but Hildon seems a bit unwieldy and inflexible. In many aspects the menu fuglyness is just hard coded, so it seems we need new widgets instead of just a little styling.

Sorry I have had to quit the project because I don't like the way maemo garage displays my email address.

what don't you like about it?

I dont like it displaying my email to everybody.

I bleave you can tell it not to

Tags
theme