Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
Yes by device I mean exactlhy that anything that is electronic and runs the MeeGo OS. Seriously some people here try to assune everyone on the forums is uninformed and don't know what the f**k they are talking about. I posted in the MeeGo / Harmattan section which is for the MeeGo OS which is planned to run and ship pre-installed on a wide range of electronic devices.
Apparently Nokia will ship a phone with Harmattan before Intel ships their tablet. Now here is why the questions dude, so please chill:
Harmatten was/is the next step for Maemo but Harmattan has been re-branded a MeeGo OS.

However, a device running Harmattan will not be a fully realized MeeGo device as it will not yet have all of MeeGo components. Think of it as having MeeGo 0.9 and the Intel device as having MeeGo 1.0 (version numbers used as an example and are not fact ).

So with a tight interpretation of your question: When does Nokia/Intel plan to release the first devices pre-installed with MeeGo? ..the answer would remain: The announced Intel device.
A loose interpretation of the question and the answer could be:
Nokia's planned Harmattan/MeeGo device.

If you take out the word pre-installed and loosely interpret the question, the answer could be: It already has, the N900.

Now I'm no expert here but that is what I believe based on what I've read. The reality could be something all together different as I have been known to alter my mental state through the use of chemicals and natural herbs from time to time.

SLN member # 009

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
This is great to hear! I like the possibility of different companies making MeeGo devices. I hope Sony or Dell plan on making either netbooks or tablets with MeeGo. Maybe HTC or SE will make MeeGo phones and increase the chances that one will include a QWERTY keyboard.

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I don't think we would know, as i read news there are a lot of companies making meego based OS for their devices and i assume that each one of them want to be first, as well i know that nokia is not only one announcing the meego phone (as other are more tablet and other types of the devices). for example Aava mobile.

I really trully hope they marketing involved in these future devices... With Apple saturating ignorant people's mind with iPhone commercial, people don't know any better... Everybody is impressed when I show them my N900 but it's sad that they never heard about it before
Nokia/Intel get on television!!! lol

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
I really trully hope they marketing involved in these future devices... With Apple saturating ignorant people's mind with iPhone commercial, people don't know any better... Everybody is impressed when I show them my N900 but it's sad that they never heard about it before
You can be sure that Nokia will be advertising it's heart out for MeeGo and for the first device. They are throwing Symbian out from high end and will surely want people to know that they got new player in town.
They need to get the things rolling and get people to code for Qt.

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
Believe me you don't want the N900 in the hands of the general consumer. They don't want to buy a phone and spend their entire days on a forum looking for fixes. It will just drive loads away from MNokia devices forever.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
question