Notices

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
The tapatalk api still works, posting from it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Hello,
can I ask you, how did you install python modules in your project directory? I tryed install sqlalchemy using pip to lib directory in my project, but somehow the module doesnt work properly.

I have been searching on google,.. but i found nothing.

Thanks

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by Huholoman View Post
Hello,
can I ask you, how did you install python modules in your project directory? I tryed install sqlalchemy using pip to lib directory in my project, but somehow the module doesnt work properly.

I have been searching on google,.. but i found nothing.

Thanks
Hi

It was a bit of a hack really. I downloaded that tar/zip and unpacked the python module, and placed it in a 'lib' directory inside my app. I then added an ``__init__.py`` file to the lib directory which modifies the python path to include itself:

https://github.com/mattaustin/tmo/bl..._init__.py#L22

I then just import 'lib' using relative imports:

https://github.com/mattaustin/tmo/bl..._init__.py#L22

Hope this helps!

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I should provide a quick update here - I haven't abandoned the project, but have been distracted recently with other commitments.

I've re-factored the app to use the tapatalk interface - it's certainly faster than parsing the html. Thanks to those that pointed me in that direction. The new progress is only in the git repository for the moment, I haven't released a new preview version yet.

I'm hoping to get more time to develop this further soon*.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAA! Yes, i saw this hack when i was learnigh how do you use python in your app. And i used this hack too, but then i started from the begining and i forget to use it again.. I will not be able to test it today, but i think, this shdould be it. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Huholoman For This Useful Post:

Tags
forum, maemo, sailfish os, talk.maemo.org