Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
This is what happened in today's Redmi 1s flash sale in India.

60,000 Redmi 1S Smartphones Go Out of Stock in 5.2 Seconds: Xiaomi

It would be fun to see Jolla's sales figure after a month or two in India

Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
This is what happened in today's Redmi 1s flash sale in India.

60,000 Redmi 1S Smartphones Go Out of Stock in 5.2 Seconds: Xiaomi

It would be fun to see Jolla's sales figure after a month or two in India
We kind of know what the sales figures would look like.

We also know the crap that is being sold in the name of a Redmi 1s and there are many takers for that. The name of the game is marketing. I would not have known about Jolla being sold in India had I not visited GSM arena.

And to be honest the pricing is brilliant. Never expected it to be so well priced. All said and done, you buy Jolla ****because*** it is different.

Last edited by Pratyush; 2014-09-23 at 14:15. Reason: PS.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pratyush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pratyush View Post
We also know the crap that is being sold in the name of a Redmi 1s
Did/do you own one? What point exactly do you want to make calling Redmi 1s as "crap"? And what on a Xiaomi phone disappointed you? Spec? MIUI? Don't tell me it is Android! You think everyone other than the ones buying a Jolla are senseless? I hope you are being sarcastic.

The name of the game is marketing
Marketing? How often did you see a Xiaomi television/newspaper ad? Or did you ever see one? Dude, there are lakhs of Xiaomi FANS, unlike Jolla. How did they get the fans? Better specs and premium quality at a lower price. What does Jolla have to offer?

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2014-09-23 at 14:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
[B]60,000 Redmi 1S Smartphones Go Out of Stock in 5.2 Seconds: Xiaomi
Priced at Rs 6k. Are you surprised?

BTW that does not sound like Indian customer are as "spec conscious" as maluka says. "Price conscious" sounds more like it.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Priced at Rs 6k. Are you surprised?

BTW that does not sound like Indian customer are as "spec conscious" as maluka says. "Price conscious" sounds more like it.
Who would say NO if somebody offer them a phone with specs similar to Moto G and price lower than Moto E? Would you?

Yes, price is a factor too. But same was the situation when Mi3 was up for sale. It used to be sold out in 1-2 seconds. What I can see over forums is thousands of frustrated fans who are not able to buy the phone even after the 3rd or 4th flash sale.

Did/do you own one? What point exactly do you want to make calling Redmi 1s as "crap"?

Marketing? How often did you see a Xiaomi television/newspaper ad? .
Redmi - Thankfully I don't, but I have souls working around me who do and keep complaining about it being a toaster plus the battery draining so much that they carry a charger with them.

Marketing: Haven't you seen the (paid) reviews on TV. Also selling the phone like it is a limited edition watch - This **is** marketing.

And I am not a Jolla fan - but I am a fan on innovation. When **every** phone manufacturer keeps aping the same design again and again Jolla is a breath of fresh air. It is still not a finished product but if we trash it down right away - it will never be. And in the end it would be the consumers who will choose either an Android... or errr an Android with some other sticker.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"Price conscious" sounds more like it.
I would not say that. Price conscious - Yes, but what has made the Xiaomi a success is the massive interest is has been able to generate - even before anyone could use it.

We have gone crazy - we look at the specs, we look at the price and then if it has been propped/marketed well - we will fall for it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Price drop in Europe to 250 Eur tomorrow #fairjollaprice

To much to ask for?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Redmi - Thankfully I don't, but I have souls working around me who do and keep complaining about it being a toaster plus the battery draining so much that they carry a charger with them.
Would be nice if you had done a bit of research before you posted this. Mi3's battery performance is "decent" enough! And hey, you have folks using a Xiaomi around you? Seriously? How lucky are people around you to get hold of one in flash sales which would just last for micro seconds

Marketing: Haven't you seen the (paid) reviews on TV. Also selling the phone like it is a limited edition watch - This **is** marketing..
Paid reviews? Duh! You are there again. You fail to understand how big the FAN base of Xiaomi is.

And I am not a Jolla fan - but I am a fan on innovation. When **every** phone manufacturer keeps aping the same design again and again Jolla is a breath of fresh air. It is still not a finished product but if we trash it down right away - it will never be. And in the end it would be the consumers who will choose either an Android... or errr an Android with some other sticker.
And one thing you need to note is - Jolla is advertising (?) the Android compatibility as much as they advertise (?) the gesture based OS. Why?

Last edited by ranbaxy; 2014-09-23 at 14:51.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Who would say NO if somebody offer them a phone with specs similar to Moto G and price lower than Moto E? Would you?
I would. They'd have to have cut corners somewhere or if something is that cheap the company has to be getting it's income from elsewhere such as bloatware or advertising in the OS.

If you're not paying for it, then you are the product, as the saying goes.

But then if it's an Android phone, you always are the product regardless of the price.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post: