Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ SC, USA
Originally Posted by iamsrp View Post
It seems that getting the current snapshot of the source (or, perhaps better, the diffs to the official source) uploaded somewhere might be a good thing too. This would allow people with scratchbox setups to get it compiled up, contribute, etc. If we've determined that the licensing for the basic source is compatible with all this of course.

I don't know how this process normally works in Maemo Land.
We are good with licensing as discussed earlier in this thread (or maybe its companion threads) and confirmed by Ben Klaas. I have tried to get a hold of the only person who reportedly got the source to compile correctly, to no avail.

I think getting people organized on the garage page, and then using that as a way to communicate to interested parties would be perfect. Also, if there was a senior member (e.g., Qole) who wanted to help direct things, that would be great.

Anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to froghunter For This Useful Post:
Got it running in the ESbox under maemo5 virtual image complied for x86.

Never touched this stuff before so it took some time getting it up and running :-)

Will report progress here.

Hoping to create a bin packagde with menu item in the longer run

That's great. Join the garage page (mentioned earlier in this thread) and we can get you admin so you can start uploading for testing.

Also, if anyone gets it running on OS2008, or can get a hold of a person who did, please report and join the garage.

The Following User Says Thank You to froghunter For This Useful Post:
Hi,

Quick and (very) dirty solutions to get sound to work on N900 squeezeplay (7.5.0) are following:

1.) in decode_alsa.c change row 24

#define ALSA_DEFAULT_DEVICE "default"

to:
#define ALSA_DEFAULT_DEVICE "hw:0"

2.) Replace one of the static libraries that squeezeplay is using — the version of portaudio that is included is out of data, and prevents sound from playing. So, download the latest portaudio here, put it in your squeezeplay/src directory, and double-click it to extract it there. Then rename Logitech’s portaudio_v19_1360 directory to portaudio_v19_1360--old, and rename your new portaudio directoy to portaudio_v19_1360. (According to instructions here: )

3.) In decode_portaudio.c comment the rows as advised here You don't need to disable 'playback child is dead' exit call in decode_alsa.c - as playback now works.
Compile in scratchbox with
> make -f Makefile.linux

extrat squeezeplay-7.5.0-8680.tgz file from scratchbox squeezeplay/buid directory to

/opt/squeezeplay/ directory in N900

start squeezeplay with command:

$ /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh 2> /dev/null

Please note that this hack takes control of audio playback so that other applications (even telephony application) don't have a sound!!!! It's advised to reboot N900 after playing with squeezeplay to enable sounds to other applications.

Otherwise it seems to work very nicely.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kepler For This Useful Post:
That's great stuff.

Have you joined the garage yet? We can post this sort of info there as well as sorce code and binaries.

This also brings up a good point that we need to make sure to keep the Diablo (OS2008) and Freemantle (running on N900) seperate. We should be able to do this on the same garage page.

Lastly, three things:
1) still looking for folks to put up binaries so we can start testing.
2) if you haven't noticed, I don't really no exactly how all of this garage posting works so if a senior member could come and direct things (Qole?) that would be great.
3) there is a quasi forum on the page which can be used to discuss the finer points of things, so feel free to post there also.

Thanks again to everyone working on this.

I just uploaded a tarball to the garage which gets PulseAudio (with a native backend) working for version 7.6, under Ubuntu. Any devs should feel free to grab it and play around; getting it compiling under Maemo is proving more of a challenge so all efforts are appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to iamsrp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
Where can I download the binaries from?

There are currently no binaries to download alas; this is still work in progress.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
It would be much appreciated if someone could make a binary available of the current progress, without audio.

That way we can at least use it to control our Squeezeboxes, which would be cool already.

Cheers,
Menno

I uploaded a .deb file to:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=1311
Let me know if you experience any problems with it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamsrp For This Useful Post: