Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ finland
This my most waited app and now I cannot start it due to the odd fontset error that I have never faced before:

/usr/lib/ICAClient # ./wfcmgr
./wfcmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/ICAClient # ./wfica
Error: 12 (E_MISSING_INI_ENTRY)
Please refer to the documentation.
Warning: Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion
Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
Error: Aborting: no fontset found

/usr/lib/ICAClient # ./wfica /home/user/MyDocs/Donaukset/launch.ica
Error: Aborting: no fontset found

/usr/lib/ICAClient #

I run it as root, I have tried to follow one ubuntu advice to change font settings from nls/en/Wfcmrg and I have tried to find out more info about the error: no help.

I have not yet reflashed my device, but will do it if nobody else have had this kind of issue after succesfully following ICAClient installation guidelines to make it work.

BR,
nibbe

The Following User Says Thank You to nibbe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Hi everyone!

I just created a wiki page for the Installation of Citrix on the N900. Hopefully, someone finds it useful

@nibbe
i describe how to get wfcmgr running in this how-to, maybe that will solve your problem.
libXm.so.3 is part of libmotif3, which doesn't exist for maemo yet. but you can install the version from the debian ARM repository, it should work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the excellent and thorough wiki. However my font problem persists and prevents ICA running even after succesful reinstallation. It actually now goes little bit further and GUI is visible for couple of seconds. But still it crashes to same font errors, both manager and client itself:

The overall error is this:

Warning: Cannot convert string "-gnu-*-*-*-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-iso10646-1,-*-*-medium-r-normal-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-ksc5601.1987-0,-*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-*-120-75-75-*-*-iso8859-1,-*-ming-*-*-*-*-*-140-*-*-*-*-big5-0,-isas-fangsong ti-medium-r-normal--16-160-72-72-c-160-gb2312.1980-0,-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--0-*-75-75-p-*-koi8-r,-*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-*-120-75-75-*-*-iso8859-6,-*-arial-medium-r-*-*-*-120-75-75-*-*-iso8859-6,-*-kacstbook-medium-r-*-*-*-120-75-75-*-*-iso8859-6,-*-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-*-120-75-75-*-*-*-*,-*-*-medium-r-*-*-*-120-75-75-*-*-*-*,-*-*-medium-r-*-*-*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*" to type FontSet

I found this message chain from Citrix: http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa...86630&tstart=0

But those suggested changes did not solve the issue.

Investigation continues, but will reflash correct this?

Being just a user, please don't blame me for my ignorance:

I followed the approach found in this thread:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32699&page=3

Without using dbus-switchboard I had the result that nibbe describes. Following SubCores proposal in the wiki I created a handler "ICAClient" referring to wfica in /home/user/ICAClient because that is were wfica is found when following the other approach. I also created an "xref" accordingly. However, this did not improve anything: still, black or empty windows appear that correspond to the windows to be expected - albeit without the content.

On the other hand: everything is fine with Citrix in Easy Debian. Therefore I assume everything to make Citrix run on the N900 should be there. I would just be nice (and easier than always starting Easy Debian first) to use Citrix with the default browser (MicroB).

What does Easy Debian have that otherwise is not there? Maybe a clue can be found there.

Thanks to everybody for for the effort to make Citrix available even for ignorant users like myself.

New information about font problem:

I found out that LANG might have something to do with this. I changed device language and regional from finnish to english and no more font issues!

Now citrix client starts, but unfortunately with unusable black screens and only by saving ica-file and launching that from command line.

And naturally I won't start using english so I think that I need to set some "envs" instead of changing device language. And yes, this works ok with Easy Debian so why not in Maemo? At least we are near...?

-n-

@nibbe: At least this part " ... and only by saving ica-file and launching that from command line. ..." can be solved by these steps 7 - 9:

7. vi /etc/profile insert 'export ICAROOT=/opt/icaclient' in the line below of 'export PATH...'
8. cp /opt/icaclient/npica.so /home/user/.mozilla/plugins/
9. reboot

from http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32699&page=3

At least, this worked for me but did not resolve the empty or black window issue.

Hello,

Just wanted to inform that PR1.3 does not solve this... Same satanic black screens. The connection to the citrix server is however made and black screens are containing the launched applications.

I don't know if this could be solved by using the connection manager and changing the graphical settings? Or can it be due to fact that I'm launching ica-files from command line? Or is it just an setting that needs to be placed on some ini-file...? Or is it just better to forget?

But like said, no progress to this issue...

-nibbe-

And one more thing after testing: Easy Debian works much smoother with PR1.3 and it provides usable solution with Citrix.

-nibbe-

Originally Posted by nibbe View Post
Hello,

Just wanted to inform that PR1.3 does not solve this... Same satanic black screens. The connection to the citrix server is however made and black screens are containing the launched applications.

I don't know if this could be solved by using the connection manager and changing the graphical settings? Or can it be due to fact that I'm launching ica-files from command line? Or is it just an setting that needs to be placed on some ini-file...? Or is it just better to forget?

But like said, no progress to this issue...

-nibbe-
Thank you, you saved my day (in a way) because I was about trying it out today. reading it is less frustrating than trying and failing.

On the other hand: isn't it great that Easy Debian and all the other stuff is not only running but even running smoother than before installing PR 1.3? And every icon and detail is at its proper place after installation, some footfs is freed and so on. I am no expert but I consider that quite an achievement.

We did not get everything we wanted but but we got plenty.

JoOppen

I think I may have figured out the blank screen issue. See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=32699&page=3 for my vague ramblings.