Active Topics

Closed Thread
The rate of updates is outstanding IMHO. Every few days something new. I get the feeling that I can discover the phone like I would buy a new one. This is superb. It's getting better and better so I can only say THANK YOU developers. Thanks to You and N900 since 3 months I only use Linux for my daily work!

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Amazing work on this, i've yet to install it on my phone because i need it on a daily basis (not to say that installing it would break anything, just erring on the side of caution) but it is truly astounding the rate of updates and improvements...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by RobertHall View Post
*off topic a bit*
when i was trying to get potriat mode..a few pages back i remember someone saying i had to place a file into rti-messages.ui it was a zip file. (messages.ccs i think) i unzipped and put them in the suggested folder...
now ive tried using my chat and i can see what the person says in the notification popup but when i open the chat i cant see the message...its blank..when i reply i can see what i type in the reply box but when i hit enter my message sends but it remains blank in the chat box...
i know ive done something wrong just cant figure what it is....
help please..thanks
I tried it with the backup too. I still have this problem. So this is not related to either the modified CSS or CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to normaltusker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Malaysia
About the rate of the updates - fantastic. The responses to the people's complaints and issues are being addressed very well and I don't see why anyone should have any problems with coming up and trying things out to give feedback to the developers. This is real customer service and support.

Besides the 'no blinking' z axis rotation thing, probably the next thing to note is the conversations 'rearranging text to fit into portrait' because now when it's in portrait, the conversations are still orientated landscaped-wise.

A suggestion also: probably the task switcher can be made portrait if a single column task switcher is used? then vertical scrolling becomes more sound right? so, maybe when the single column task switcher is toggled on, then it is possible for the user to experience a portrait task switcher too. Of course this is IF getting the default or double column task switcher to go portrait is difficult instead of a single column one.

Hope these suggestions help

The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Angel85 For This Useful Post:
Folks

Does anybody know if the Hildon-desktop fix ( another link ) was also included in the CSSU? It really increases the battery life (up to 5 days) for anyone who has installed catorize or other application managers.

A strange thing happened to me after the last update. The conversations app broke. The sms messages where sending correctly but they haven't been shown. Should I raise a bug on it or it was just a problem on my device? I did a reboot after the update, then changed the values in thp tweeks and that was all. If I should raise a bug how and where to do it. I never did it.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
Folks

Does anybody know if the Hildon-desktop fix ( another link ) was also included in the CSSU? It really increases the battery life (up to 5 days) for anyone who has installed catorize or other application managers.
It's not Matan's fix, it's Nokia's official upstream fix that didn't make it (for some reason) in PR1.3, and yes, it's included.

The Conversations app does that sometimes on PR1.3, it's closed source, and I didn't include any packages that modify it, so it's not related to the CSSU.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I tried it with the backup too. I still have this problem. So this is not related to either the modified CSS or CSSU.

I've had this happen to me a long time ago, when i was playing with conversation ui files.
what I would do:
1. reboot device
2. restore a backup (if you have it make sure it was a working backup, otherwise download from here http://wiki.maemo.org/Conversation_Mods) of the html folder in rtcom-messaging-ui (css, html and js files) close all conversation windows and conversation app. open conversation and see if it works.
3. installed any new apps before this went wonky? try uninstalling them... alhtough i don't know of any apps that'll do this.
4. use default theme and reinstall hildon-desktop (won't be this but would rather be sure before flashing)
5. flash kernel, in my experience solves a couple of these types of problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Pushed version 12.5 to the repo.
Changelog:
* Added parallax (to transitions.ini) and zoom on press to hildon-desktop.
* Fixed modest's New Message button.
* Forced hildon-home's maximum number of desktops to 9.
* Minor UI change for libcpaboutcssu.

To get the changes for hildon-desktop, just edit traisitions.ini
New lines here for those who want to append the changes: http://gitorious.org/community-ssu/h...ons.ini#line43

Second change is to prepare modest for proper portrait mode.
Third one's for the issue some of you have been getting in this thread.

Just one question, what do you think of the rate of updates?
we love the rate of updates! keep them coming, we are hungry for more!

lot of themes have been causin problems just try and use the normal n series theme

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade