Who knows. I thought it was odd too, but I think it has something to do with the screen being active when you plug it in. Sliding out the keyboard riht before you plug it in causes that. So would pushing the little switch on the side too, so that'd probably work.

In the end, make sure the screen is on when you plug it in.

LOL ok m8 owts worth a try

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Originally Posted by EddyG View Post
Did you get it running again tho m8? I'm rite f##ked off atm
Yep, everything is back up and running again, when the battery is that low keep it on the charge for a while, and plug back in and out until you get the yellow charging led. Then boot it up. Also invest in an external battery charger, to avoid this problem for now. They're only a few bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180430675893

The Following User Says Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post:
It's been on charge most of the afternoon but its still the same i'll try it again tomorrow when i get up at lunch time as i'm on nights that should be plenty of time

Still not working boohoo

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
I don't know why mine started working, but I did plug the usb charger that connects into the device in and out a few times and the led came on, then I was able to boot it up, and then it started charging.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I have similar issues with USB, except that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Unplugging it (on the N900-side) and plugging it in again usually helps.

Funny I never have this when I use the adapter that came with it so that it can be charged with my old N810-charger.

If it helps anybody: When The device doesn't react to the USB-connection, here's what I see on my PC:

usb 7-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2
usb 7-2: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 7-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 7-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
usb 7-2: device not accepting address 4, error -71
hub 7-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 2

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
This bug is ridiculous... like catastrophic bad. Is there a bug we can vote for on this? I can't get it to work even plugged in with the AC adapter. Pissed.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
My N900 doesn't recognize connecting to my computer via USB unless the device is active (screen on, etc.). If this happens I have to slide it open the screen and reconnect the USB cable. I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly but it seems to happen 100% of the time.

Sometimes I have to plug the charger cable into mine twice to get it to start charging. I have not run the battery down. It certainly seems like the phones software has to make a decision to start charging which would be a bad thing if it did not have enough of a charge to boot up.

I have also discovered that the FM transmitter does not operate while charging. So you can not drive around listening to music while charging the N900. No good for long trips.

Tags
lack of quality control