hi all,

ive recently discovered that a sound can be heard coming from the screen whenever i press it at the right border - basically where the display ends on the right hand side - pretty much along the whole hight. seen how the screen is very scratch prone, hence fingernails are out of the question, i tend to scroll back in the browser by applying my thumb from the outer edge and make a sweeping motion to the left. no extra pressure is applied and the sound only appears on this side of the screen. it occurs when the device is warm, as during charging (90% of the time ) and i think the thin layer of plastic covering the lcd itself gets "glued" to the lcd, and the "ungluing" produces the noice. anyone noticed anything similar?

issue 2:

can anyone confirm a crack under the "x" and "c" characters through which light protrudes? i think its been there from day 1.

Originally Posted by koroviov View Post
hi all,

ive recently discovered that a sound can be heard coming from the screen whenever i press it at the right border - basically where the display ends on the right hand side - pretty much along the whole hight. seen how the screen is very scratch prone, hence fingernails are out of the question, i tend to scroll back in the browser by applying my thumb from the outer edge and make a sweeping motion to the left. no extra pressure is applied and the sound only appears on this side of the screen. it occurs when the device is warm, as during charging (90% of the time ) and i think the thin layer of plastic covering the lcd itself gets "glued" to the lcd, and the "ungluing" produces the noice. anyone noticed anything similar?

issue 2:

can anyone confirm a crack under the "x" and "c" characters through which light protrudes? i think its been there from day 1.
have it too. noticed it and tagged it mentally for being ugly. was hoping to wouldnt have to mentally suffer from it anymore after i get my replacement but seems not to be the case.

When I hake mine, a rattle comes from the top right corner :s

issue 2 i can confirm on my own n900. I noticed it the first day but didnt care too much as its only really noticable when using the n900 in the dark and the light from the backlit keyboard shines through the crack. Plus thats normally where i place my left thumb so i dont notice it too often.

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
when you shake your what, champ?

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I've got the gap under C/V and to a lesser extent under the N key. My screen 'clicks' around the bottom right of the screen.

the top left of the lcd frame seems to be a little loose. can anyone confirm this? if you hold the top and bottom left of the screen and shake it up and down. there is a slight play?

Last edited by n900_ag; 2009-12-29 at 15:01.

Originally Posted by koroviov View Post
when you shake your what, champ?
Err... phone?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Could it be the memory card slot under the battery cover? That is the only rattling sound I get from my device when I shake it.

nah, it' definetly not the memory card slot, it's on the other side. I can tap all the way down the right side of the device and this rattle is there :/
I'de take it to Nokia care but I dln't think theres any in/around my area, lol.

Tags
lack of quality control, shitty design