Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I am getting really annoyed with the OVI store because all i see is this:Sorry, this item is not available for your country.

There are sooo many new apps on the N9-Apps website but i can only install maybe 1/10 of them the rest say their not available.

Is there any way around it?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Welcome to the wonderful world of geo-restricted, so called "app stores".

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
nope...contact nokia support as well as the dev of the app directly to inform them of your issue as app devs do need to select the countries they want to make them available.

however, since you look to be from the UK it may not be the dev's fault but the store acting-up so contact both of them concurrently.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Just a quick tip: I get this information a lot at Ovi store, but only when I am not logged in. As soon as I log in it is gone - I hope it helps!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
all paid app are unavailable on my store, and im logged in,

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
You need to understand that this is not a bug, it's a feature.

Quite a while ago when I submitted an application to the store, it was my decision where I wanted to make it available. I can imagine there's reasons for publishers not to make content available world-wide. (A local shop, bank or TV station might not be interested in receiving support questions from around the world, only to tell people that the application isn't intended for their use in the forst place.)

Also, payment methods play a role. If you don't have a credit card and operator billing is not available in your country (see this map), then that was it.

It's not usually people at Nokia who are responsible for this.

Of course, as don_falcone said, the whole concept of an app store is broken.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
....the current concept in use. I'm not 100% against such stores, if they would be more open (in terms of access from countries and also what type of software they restrict), also in terms of payment methods, and would let you download backups of your purchases etc. etc. Let's see how Make-Play-Live will handle...

EDIT: i was in particular "hurt" by the HP webOS catalog. They said that in terms of having access to all applications (because developers too often don't publish to other sites, for example for Germany) you have to use the US store. Nice. Everything's there. But i CAN'T PAY. At least not without using a US-based card with US billing address. No PayPal, no carrier billing for me, nope.

In the end it's mostly the developers that pay the price (i.e. that i won't pay for something) in the end. Seriously, phuck that. Give me an easy means of pay and i will pay. I won't negotiate with developers outside of the store to get access, when it's a) inconvenient (what's the whole purpose of a store then?) and b) HP doesn't even allow you to sell outside of the store if that certain "app" of you is already published there.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2012-06-23 at 12:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
this is when sideloading comes in handy

harr harrr!

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I am getting really annoyed with the OVI store because all i see is this:Sorry, this item is not available for your country.

There are sooo many new apps on the N9-Apps website but i can only install maybe 1/10 of them the rest say their not available.

Is there any way around it?
Hi mariusmssj, I am a UK n9 owner too but cannot say I have come across this message (yet). Could you post a couple of apps that you have tried to install that are giving this message so I could have a try too?

Thanks

One way is to change to a SIM card from a country that has availability for your app.

Example: I live in China where a lot of apps are unavailable. So I just have to insert a european SIM card and I can download whatever.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiappa For This Useful Post: