Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post
sorry guys... for not wording it completely.

i meant there are many amazing apps written in QT for symbian. even after all this "cross platform" crap that we hear, i would doubt even 1% of them are ported to maemo.
That's a question that should aimed at the developers of those Symbian applications. Not all Qt applications are open source. Many of the Symbian Qt applications will be developed under the commercial license. There isn't much of an incentive for the developers to target a platform that is a commercial deadzone. Maemo5 has a relatively small user base, most of whom are used to getting 'free stuff'.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
just hope theydont create anything that requires a ctrl+shift type of function!

The Following User Says Thank You to ceroberts75 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Because the N9 isn't yet available, but the N950 is, and apart from the keyboard they are pretty much identical hardware.

Why is this so hard to understand?
This still does not explain why the N950 is developer only. Nokia obviously had to plan the creation of the N950 but why not for general sale??