Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Paris
I read somewhere in this forum, someone said it should be possible to make an app that change the profil (silent, general or customs) depending on the cell tower the n900 get gsm signal from.
I would extremly love this kind of app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julien_2006 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
I see that two wiki pages are referenced in the first post. One gives harware wish lists for future Nokia devices and vague application requests The other gives a list of applications that are requested to be ported to maemo5.
So, I think a third wiki page with details of ideas and requests from this thread should be made, since there are plenty of ideas here that don't necessarily fit into either of the above two categories.

But at the same time, redundancy should be avoided. How? Any ideas?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Spotify app
Facebook app
Twitter app
Bulk SMS sender as previously mentioned in this thread and now solved in the same thread!

Last edited by jackdoor; 2011-02-28 at 12:22.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Teamviewer

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
(Again, for the nth time)

My votes are for:
1) 3G Video Call
2) Voice navigation for Ovi maps

Not sure if it has not already been listed: The only thing I am really missing is synchronization with KDE addressbook and calendar.

Package auto installer,

On me ol' HTC Wizzard (A REAL HTC PHONE) it was possible to do a full flash and then have the new rom directed to a script that automatically executed the installs for the packages i wanted, after a flash if i had bundles of applications i could swiftly install straight after (And more, maybe my settings like themes etc are all back in action), it'd make my life so much more convenient .

Just an idea!

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
Audacity would be good

The Following User Says Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
Package auto installer,

On me ol' HTC Wizzard (A REAL HTC PHONE) it was possible to do a full flash and then have the new rom directed to a script that automatically executed the installs for the packages i wanted, after a flash if i had bundles of applications i could swiftly install straight after (And more, maybe my settings like themes etc are all back in action), it'd make my life so much more convenient .

Just an idea!
I think the built-in backup application does this. If u backup your software list, on restoring it automatically re-installs everything on the list.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I've seen a lot of proposals that are platform improvements or added capabilities to the device, that's not the purpose of this thread.

Please try to stay on topic and describe more carefully what applications you miss to help developers to choose a development idea. Also try to do a little research before asking for applications that already exist.

Here are my proposals:

- A LinkedIn application.
There are tons of Facebook and Twitter applications. If you want to go to Social Networks, try to develop something new.

- A video editor application.
There is nothing related with this subject for the N900.

- An application to apply different effects to pictures.
There are two main applications to photo editing.
Ansel-A is a powerful editor but lacks simple effect to be applied by noob users.
Classic Print is nice and easy to use but only one predefined effect exists. An improved version of Classic Print would be appreciated (I have asked to the original author before) with more predefined effects.
There are lots of applications for this purpose in Android and iOS that apply funny or useful effects to pictures.

- A good comic viewer.
Actually there are two comic viewers, cbrPager and Comix, none of them finger friendly and not fully featured. Apply finger friendly gestures for zooming and full screen, some suggestions here.
You can try to improve one of them or port an existing one like QComicBook.

- An archive manager.
Current existing are not finger friendly. You can try to improve Xarchiver or FileRoller (both GTK) or port Ark from KDE.

- Improve existing applications with a nicer GUI more finger friendly.
Some that I remember and that very useful: QStarDict (here you can see some suggestions), OpenSubtitles,

- A good looking Image viewer.
With 3D effects for categorizing folders of pictures like the QML demo for Flickr, nice transitions (cover flow) etc.

- A nice, feature rich, PDF viewer.
You could try to port Okular from KDE, apply finger friendly gestures for zooming and full screen, book page flipping effects, etc.

As an inspiration, take a look at other awesome applications for the N900 with very good looking GUIs like Someplayer or CuteTube.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:

Tags
applications, coding, competition, ideas, nokia n900