Notices

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! - Well it works for me, i wonder if anyone else can get it working, hehehe
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Works for me.
Had to do apt-get update before it installed cleanly.

I made abit similar type of feature requests to 1up application which this now does. But i'd like to be able to count different things, for example when clicking those number-fields only the one clicked would increment.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
hehe cheers - sorry wasn't trying to take anyones ideas
Kathy just asked for this specifically, so i hope she likes it!!

Still got a bit of work before i sort the package for testing, get a bugtracker etc!!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Mate well done with this app. More-so for helping someone out on request like you did. I can't say I would use this app in it's current configuration as I don't knit. However, I see where it could go.

It would be awesome to have a grid of configurable counters, which could also be named individually maybe?

I have wanted a simple counter to keep track of my daughters netball game scores and my sons baseball scores rather than have to use 1up AND the scorecard app. (although one up only keeps 1 tally at a time.)

So something like this mock-up would be awesome. Even if there was just one +/- button and a touch to highlight which tally was being adjusted? I am not a programmer so have no idea what the intricacies of doing the code entail. So just suggesting.

I could already use your app for keeping score I guess by just increasing the set value counters.

The Following User Says Thank You to shazosbourne For This Useful Post:
Hehe thankyou very much

i think i might just package maecount as is, and make a few slight adjustments for maescore above
another simple'ish one

Just battling with healthcheck this weekend, but will see what i can do next week

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I just suggested this should be in the Apps contest which bbc click are judging. Something tells me it's not entered. Still one of the most useful things on n900!

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
hehehe!!!! lol! theres a bbc click apps contest? - it might win the simplest award

Rather random update - Maecount is fully ported onto the n950 - so will be asking for a few n9 test users

Healthcheck is not far behind!

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:

Tags
counter, knitting, maecount