Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
There is a program called MIR Translator that uses OCR to translate text from photos.(Package, Preview)

I suppose you could just copy it's output, and import it to another program.

I have asked the author if he could release a slimed down version of it for purely for the OCR functionality, but I don't believe he responded to my post.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
thanks for this! i hope the author responds soon.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
phototranslator-alpha uses tesseract and has source available here: http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...-alpha/0.1-24/ so in some form or other tesseract has been compiled for ARM.

ive looked through the mir translator source code and I found out that the program doesnt do the ocr processing on the device.
rather it uploads the entire image to a specified server (amazon ec2 server: "mir.mhsueh.com") and displays the response on the phone

The Following User Says Thank You to Pillum For This Useful Post:
but the source code for the server and the engine can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/cs262aproject/

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Pillum View Post
ive looked through the mir translator source code and I found out that the program doesnt do the ocr processing on the device.
rather it uploads the entire image to a specified server (amazon ec2 server: "mir.mhsueh.com") and displays the response on the phone
I assume that your post was not referring to mine that mentions phototranslator rather than mir-translator? Just checking no misread.

Tags
bcr app, ocr app, porting, request