Active Topics

Poll: How to be efficient on this survival plan ?
Poll Options
How to be efficient on this survival plan ?

Originally Posted by brkn View Post
I second that. Where can I upload the 7.6 GB? I have a fresh mirror merely a week old.
It's a shame the server is still not up and still no information about when the server is up again.
I need to install the openssl packages. Can you provide me with a copy of the directory /pool/harmattan/free/o/openssl
Thanks

Originally Posted by alex25 View Post
It's a shame the server is still not up and still no information about when the server is up again.
I need to install the openssl packages. Can you provide me with a copy of the directory /pool/harmattan/free/o/openssl
Thanks
harmattan-openssl

The Following User Says Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by siva View Post
Is this the entire repo from this:

deb http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/ harmattan/sdk free non-free ?

Any luck uploading so far, mate?
free, non-free, nokia-binaries. Since nobody was interested I archived those files.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by brkn View Post
free, non-free, nokia-binaries. Since nobody was interested I archived those files.
can you upload it to some server, maybe
http://maemo-archive.wedrop.it/

missing few libraries required for development

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to student4life For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by student4life View Post
can you upload it to some server, maybe
http://maemo-archive.wedrop.it/

missing few libraries required for development
If someone sends me FTP/SSH login I will happily upload everything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You could/should contact CrashandDie.

But it could be legal reasons, why it is not mirrored (like this).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
You could/should contact CrashandDie.

But it could be legal reasons, why it is not mirrored (like this).
I contacted him 2 days ago. Didn't get any response though. Will post back once I have a reply from him.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Hi, sorry for not replying to your PM.

This might be a weird decision, but I'm going to decline mirroring the file you've provided. I'd rather only mirror things that have been actually mirrored---not copies of mirrors of clones.

The reason for this is simple: guaranteeing data integrity. There are a number of things that could have happened; not that I mean to imply foul play, but I'd rather not host anything from third parties. This is even more the case considering that
  • the server is down for technical issues, not a conscious decision on Nokia's part, and,
  • the archive available for mirroring is incomplete.

I do not wish to create more confusion: Why would an incomplete mirror be up? Etc.

So, unless there are very convincing arguments, I'm going to decline mirroring the partial harmattan-dev backup.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrashandDie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Hi, sorry for not replying to your PM.

This might be a weird decision, but I'm going to decline mirroring the file you've provided. I'd rather only mirror things that have been actually mirrored---not copies of mirrors of clones.

The reason for this is simple: guaranteeing data integrity. There are a number of things that could have happened; not that I mean to imply foul play, but I'd rather not host anything from third parties. This is even more the case considering that
  • the server is down for technical issues, not a conscious decision on Nokia's part, and,
  • the archive available for mirroring is incomplete.

I do not wish to create more confusion: Why would an incomplete mirror be up? Etc.

So, unless there are very convincing arguments, I'm going to decline mirroring the partial harmattan-dev backup.
I do indeed fully understand your decision and most probably would have acted the same way. I have all "Packages" files containing hashes (SHA1, SHA-256, MD5) however one can not verify them. Thus I can not prove data integrity which is the most crucial thing for packages.
Nevertheless upon request I will continue to provide files requested from community members.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to brkn For This Useful Post:
While the mirror appears incomplete, it has been quite useful for me to get the kernel sources for the N950 and other build tools. I'm using the mirror along with harmattan SDK in a chroot on the device itself http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86158

The Following User Says Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:

Tags
backup, community, future, panic, survival