Posts: 33 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Hey guys,

So I have the $20 T-Mobile "Unlimited Web + Text for Phones" plan, which I guess is meant for regular phones, and not smartphones. It works well, though I'm seeing here and there that it has a 100 MB bandwidth cap per month. Ugh. So now I'm wondering if say I break my contract and go with the "Even More Plus" plan, would I get at least a bit of a higher bandwidth cap than 100 MB? Does it work with the N900? Is there a plan under the old pricing scheme that has a higher bandwidth cap?

Someone surely know the answer.. i like to know what's the best plan too.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Well 100mb is not the limit for internet usage, just for 3G usage, you will still be able to surf with 2G (Edge or GPRS, depends on the provider).
But you'd be surprised, how fast 100mb are reached, when having such a fast device.

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cherrypie For This Useful Post:
I think the T-Mobile "Even More Plus" is the best plan, with unlimited data (3g + edge).

Hmm. I haven't seen anything yet about metering on the "Even More Plus" plan. I'll probably talk with a CSR rep tomorrow morning and see what the deal is, then I'll report back.

Alright, here's the scoop:

- Everything is still bandwidth capped. With the $20 unlimited web + texting for phones, the bandwidth cap is at 100 MB, and there will be overage charges until you hit $10 of overage fees.

- With the $40 unlimited web + text + email for smartphones, you get a 10 GB cap and use a completely different server (proxy?) for your phone. Not bad. Apparently this does not cover any use of the phone as a modem for a laptop or whatever, which kind of blows, but hey, 10 GB cap is not that bad.

- I believe this is true even if you're going with Even More / Even More Plus, depending on the kind of phone you're getting. I don't know how they make the distinction between a regular phone or a smartphone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merc248 For This Useful Post:
thx for the breakdown. Did they mention how much extra it would be to support tethering to a laptop? Or do they not support it at all?

im using cincinnati bell wireless . i pay 60 a month for 2000 minutes and unlimited everything else . been on the plan for about 2 years .

The Following User Says Thank You to popwar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
What about this deal? It is from a T-Mobile affiliate and it is US Nationwide. $49 unlimited everything including data:

http://www.iwireless.com/plans_detail.asp?plan=97

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Originally Posted by verhagke View Post
thx for the breakdown. Did they mention how much extra it would be to support tethering to a laptop? Or do they not support it at all?
The CSR rep told me that they don't support it whatsoever, but they were giving me the *nudge nudge* about it and to keep it low key if I ever do use it as a modem. Basically, I think they don't really care until you decide to go over the 10 GB cap.

The Following User Says Thank You to merc248 For This Useful Post: