Active Topics

i have a nokia n9 its been sitting for a long time now the phone wont turn on ive tried to connect it to the pc and do that flasher -i but nothing happen ,am new to this what can i do ??
thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to Omar_88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
What kind of PC?
Win10 may not work oob or at all.

Easiest would be a Linux box or XP/Win7.
Some reported that flasher -i does not charge but you need flasher -f --flash-only=kernel -F firmware.bin

What output do you get?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
flasher -f --flash-only=kernel -F firmware.bin

That worked for me, about 4 years ago.
I tried with -f and nothing happened so I got a new battery cause the stock one was old either way.
After one really good battery cycle, the new battery was flat and I couldn’t revive it (even full re-flash).
I switched back to the original battery, flashed kernel and boom, still works after almost a decade.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Omar_88 View Post
i have a nokia n9 its been sitting for a long time now the phone wont turn on I've tried to connect it to the pc and do that flasher -i but nothing happen
As these batteries go back to 2012-13 even if using "flasher -f --flash-only=kernel -F firmware.bin" you have probably only got a 50% chance of being able to recover device now unfortunately. Be prepared to wait up to 10 minutes before anything seems to happen.

It is only within the last year that I have made the decision not to source any more non-working N9 for this reason.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Another trick that helped me sometimes (when ubiboot drained my battery completely) was to just plug in the charger , wait for the LED to glim white steady and go black, then re-plug charger. Repeated this a few times and it charged normally - LED breathing/blinking white.

That way the battery got every time a bit of charge until it was enough to load the kernel and charge normally. Not sure about really drained/dead battery.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Another trick that helped me sometimes (when ubiboot drained my battery completely) was to just plug in the charger , wait for the LED to glim white steady and go black, then re-plug charger. Repeated this a few times and it charged normally - LED breathing/blinking white.

That way the battery got every time a bit of charge until it was enough to load the kernel and charge normally. Not sure about really drained/dead battery.
That worked for me too. But depending on how deeply discharged the battery is, you may need to plug-unplug-plug repeatedly for a loooooooong time. 8 hours is not entirely unusual. (I have still not built that circuit I planned to make for that purpose yet. But I will. One day. When I retire. Maybe.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
What kind of PC?

Some reported that flasher -i does not charge but you need flasher -f --flash-only=kernel -F firmware.bin

What output do you get?
Thank you for your reply,indeed am on WIN7 but i guess i have to look for the firmware which I don't know how to get it

What kind of PC?

What output do you get?
Thank you for your reply indeed am on WIN7 but i think i should download the firmware which I don't know how to get it

What kind of PC?

What output do you get?
UPDATE : after leaving the phone in the charger for quite sometime its shows the Nokia logo but the phone won't turn on

What kind of PC?

What output do you get?
Thank you for your reply indeed i have win7 but the command doesn't work