Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
So what have you decided to do Frost?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Well so far im tinkering with the CSSU testing and Thumb2 to see what kind of gains i can get.
Else im restoring it to as good condition i can, got to get a new touch screen.

I don't know if i want to put another OS on it anyway, so far i like having one extra to tweak to hell out of and reflashed when i goes wrong, this way my main N900 can be used as is, and if i get this N900 to feel & look as much as new + tweaked then i can just swap SIM over.

I was looking into turning it WHITE but the touchscreen part still needs to be white and this is not turning out to be easy, only way i see this done is by making a THIN white film to put over the screen to cover the Black parts (not screen or cam/sensors)

How about de-soldering the RAM and re-soldering a higher capacity one, like this guy did with his router:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=148263
?!!

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by octagonhead View Post
How about de-soldering the RAM and re-soldering a higher capacity one, like this guy did with his router:
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=148263
?!!
Would be awesome, just 256MB more to 512MB instead of the current 256MB would help alot, unfortunately on the N900 it is MUCH harder then the router hack, N900's RAM is on the CPU (soldered onto the CPU), if it was some almost broken N900 and i had the equipment and know how it would be fun to try, but will the N900 except it? etc...

I am pretty sure that there is a thread about this.

First you start with this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N201N6u6ils

Then you move onto this:
http://mynokiablog.com/2012/04/21/ac...900-as-a-head/

Once it starts building N950 factory you nuke it from orbit and call it dev only exercise (can rent out a few faulty ones without AI). We've all seen what happens next:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Has anyone compiled Milkdrop on the N900?

Sorry if this is slightly off topic.

dr_frost_dk, You could build quadcopter or whatever flying machine, powered by OpenPilot hardware and software, talking with N900. Then, it would be controlable via GPRS from any part of the world, providing live camera feed for pilot

My favorite is small-to-moderate zeppelin model, flying with N900 aboard, with 10x or more zoom spy camera Got other ideas, including sniper rifles mounted internally and taking out few bad guys from here or there, but it's going little off-topic. And we don't want uninvited visitors shutting down TMO *waves to mosad, NSA and few others*.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:

Tags
extra n900, what to do