Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i don't know why but in some weird way this thread is sexy
btw:
i love my n900 too.
regards

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following User Says Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
excellent thread. but i did puke a little in my mouth though.

all kidding aside, i too like my N900 and have not found a viable alternative for it ; Easy Debian has still no competitors (qole, you are still da man!), the whole idea of a fully functioning linux desktop OS without having to dual boot is just f**king magic (though still looking forward to a ubuntu 10.10 multiboot).

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Everything else has now been deprecated to a feature phone with recent hot coolness of pre-env and Meego 1.1, Qt4.7, Qt Quick and Pr1.3 smoothness

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Accra,Ghana
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Everything else has now been deprecated to a feature phone with recent hot coolness of pre-env and Meego 1.1, Qt4.7, Qt Quick and Pr1.3 smoothness
yeah for some strange or should i say good reason the phone seems to be running ultra-smooth after the update. usually after an update the phone run smooths initially but slows down after installing a tonne of applications but this time no slowdown...hmmm

n battery life seems to have massively improved. now i can browse n listen to music without the phone complaining...

The Following User Says Thank You to tcbl50 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
loving my n900 today, jus replaced screen protector now its got that swag again

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I've used them all and I still prefer the N900. Even though it can't record/playback 720p videos and only having a now-smallish 3.5" LCD, I still LOVE my N900 over ANY other phone even to this day. (I bought it on pre-order back in 2009) Have ran it constantly at 1Ghz for over a year now. Zero issues. I just wish it had more RAM....

I finally got my OpenPandora, but my N900 still holds it place in my jacket pocket next to my work phone

Now that is love isn't it

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
I Swear the N900 is possesed, The phone runs 100% perfect when i am just playing around, when i need to do somthing in a hurry it always F's me over laggs and all sorts of ****, when i dont need anything in a hurry its fine and awsome.

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lucas777 View Post
I Swear the N900 is possesed, The phone runs 100% perfect when i am just playing around, when i need to do somthing in a hurry it always F's me over laggs and all sorts of ****, when i dont need anything in a hurry its fine and awsome.
mine is the same!! runs like a dream 99% of the time but when i need to show someone something it always comes to a standstill lol!

The Following User Says Thank You to stew-b For This Useful Post:
you dont know what you have until you lose it

In my case 4 week repair and let me tell you I went back in the dark ages in those 4 weeks.

I prayed and prayed to be reunited with my beloved little brick.

In all my time owning mobile phones I tend to get bored of them in a few months exception being N900 after almost a year is still brings the same joy as the day I first got it!!!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jigzy For This Useful Post: