Notices

I added a few podcasts on gpodder.com (because it is easier to browse and search on a proper PC rather than the N900) but can't get them synced with my device.

I go to add new podcast>

Then from the select a source option I select download from my.gpodder.org>

Then I am not what to do next. Presumably I select Enable syncronization of subsrciption list. I also need to select device type and then tap on select device. However, each time I do this gpodder completely freezes up and I have press the power button and then end task.

So could someone please guide me on how to synch. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
There is an updated version in extras-testing now. I needed to change edit my device on my.gpodder.org (change name, device typ and ID) to match it with the N900.

But I am missing a button to really sync the device. When i click "add new podcast" -> " "download from my.gpodder" all I get is the settings dialog and there is no button for synching. just "overwrite server list with device list".

(sorry for maybe wrong translation because my gpodder is in german)

The Following User Says Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
I found that streaming video podcasts don't work, but downloading them, then playing them works fine.(ill file a bug later)

Also, a few things which i'm not sure if they have been covered or not:

1) A way of marking podcasts as complete once the entire podcast has been listened to rather than just part of it

2) Remember where you are up to in the podcast (this could maybe be linked to number 1)

3) More search options, maybe include the nokia podcasting repositories, or make the youtube one easier to use, (i.e. I did a search for Carpool, and got about 20 listings, I wasn't sure which was the correct one, so maybe if the description was shown you could work that out?)

That's all I can think of at the minute, but it is a fantastic program, I don't miss nokia podcasting one bit!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to kevinm2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
The my.gpodder.org UI needs a bit more work, that's true. There's even a bug on bugs.maemo.org for it. Please give me some more time

Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
1) A way of marking podcasts as complete once the entire podcast has been listened to rather than just part of it

2) Remember where you are up to in the podcast (this could maybe be linked to number 1)
You can use Panucci for that - simply install it from the Extras repository and set it as audio player in gPodder's preferences dialog.

3) More search options, maybe include the nokia podcasting repositories, or make the youtube one easier to use, (i.e. I did a search for Carpool, and got about 20 listings, I wasn't sure which was the correct one, so maybe if the description was shown you could work that out?)
We can't really access the Nokia Podcasting Repositories, but we plan on integrating the search of my.gpodder.org in the application's UI at some point. The YouTube search results list the names of the users (i.e. channels). You can search for interesting podcasts on the website and if you have found the right channel, simply use the username of the publisher in the YouTube search and subscribe to the search result with the same name.

I'll have a look at that panucci, thanks for that! Really good idea about including the my.gpodder.org search.

The only thing is the bug which I haven't put in bugzilla yet about the video only working when downloaded rather than streaming (invalid codec)

sorry, one thing with Panucci, does that only work with 'downloaded' files rather than streaming?? When I try to play streaming, nothing comes up you see.

Edit: Answered my own question, I found that Panucci doesn't support that YET

Last edited by kevinm2k; 2010-02-09 at 14:11.

I am sure this has been mentioned already but there should be a download all option (for old episodes) rather than selecting one by one.

i got the update of the gpodder app today. the la version, all of a sudden i cant stream audio or video anymore just getting a msg saying cant find media.

has anyone else got this prob?

i got the update of the gpodder app today. the la version, all of a sudden i cant stream audio or video anymore just getting a msg saying cant find media.
Known problem. Will be fixed in the next package version.

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing