Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Can we take it from that that people in the UK are now able to get this fixed under warranty? My Mo is fine right now, but knowing there's a potential fault and no warranty cover has been unnerving. This would be Good News.
i understand this to be the case and i will be heading to a repair centre early next week to have the work carried out under warranty its a shame there isnt a direct from nokia answer on this issue but at least we have some form of good news if this is coming from the head of nokiam care (via jon) that they are aware and have stated warranty repairs can be carried out

The Following User Says Thank You to ddwwf1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Atlanta, GA + Oxford UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Can we take it from that that people in the UK are now able to get this fixed under warranty? My Mo is fine right now, but knowing there's a potential fault and no warranty cover has been unnerving. This would be Good News.
No

i went into a nokia care centre yesterday.

they confirmed they had recived an update that morning. It stated that pads removed indicated that it was user damage and should notbe fixed.

Nokia has not changed their policy at all. This is all PR bluff

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HumanPenguin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
No

i went into a nokia care centre yesterday.

they confirmed they had recived an update that morning. It stated that pads removed indicated that it was user damage and should notbe fixed.

Nokia has not changed their policy at all. This is all PR bluff
has your usb port actually come out?

Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
has your usb port actually come out?
No my phone is now on the way to nokia. the care centre refused to even open the phone as it looked like doing so could be responsible for tearing the connector off.

so i am in limbo.

but the centre was very happy to discus the issue as they are seeing this about once a week.

luckily mine doesnt feel like it is gona come off but it is twisted inside slightly and really is difficult to charge so im hiopeing it will be fixed instead of being sent away

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Lima-Perú
Originally Posted by HumanPenguin View Post
No my phone is now on the way to nokia. the care centre refused to even open the phone as it looked like doing so could be responsible for tearing the connector off.

so i am in limbo.

but the centre was very happy to discus the issue as they are seeing this about once a week.
MOTHERFOKERRRSSSSS
Starting hating them. What the hell I could do, if I paid lot of money to bring that shlt here to Perú, sent it back to apply warranty and what?? they will send that crap damaged as I sent it???????????? OMG! what the hell is this company doing. I will post all this on mayor news sites.
pufffffffffff
so shame!
this n900 really was a bad choice. seems like that!

No so far all has been fine 213 79.48%
My USB port has broken but the device has been banged once or twice 3 1.12%
My USB port has broken without any unusual treatment. 32 11.94%
My phone seems to have charging and data issues that may be related to this. But I am unsure 20 7.46%

total sad customers: 20.52%
is that not enough??????????
damn hell.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arrancamos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
That's 20% of the people who have voted on the poll of the people that come to TMO, which is admittedly a tiny amount of the amount of people that have bought the device, so you can't really extrapolate that 20% of the people who bought an N900 had the microUSB problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
I can't but they do can extrapolate.
And the fact is we 20% are customers or to hell with us!?

by the other hand if we are so few to them, why all this!!! apply warranty is healthy.
Also that number will increase so dont feel so good so far lol

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
That's 20% of the people who have voted on the poll of the people that come to TMO, which is admittedly a tiny amount of the amount of people that have bought the device, so you can't really extrapolate that 20% of the people who bought an N900 had the microUSB problem.
You are absolutly correct. I knew this when I set up the poll. It really is not about percentages

It is about how many people are having this issue.

If we ignore the few people who are open that some form of physical accident has happened.

That is still 52 people from this very small community who are not getting a reasonable service from Nokia

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty