Active Topics

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
messenger.com works via browser ua switching but cannot log in so maybe thats easier fix if applicable

an idea came to my mind
minimal barebones most recent debian based chroot enviroment
i am thinking of cliking an icon on the homescreen that logs in to debian where the desktop is modefied for finger friendliness or simply precustomised desktop with large icons
chroot to debian because it offers more recent browser ,packages and librarys so we have better chances basicaly creating a firefox os like experience that can run web apps and provide more comapitablity with websites but with a twist as its debian we can use more native programs that can be minorly optimised for touch in addition its a sandboxed enviroment too.
is it possible to run multiple chroots?
also we can use a lot of programmes with the keyboard too.
is this doable sensibly or too much work ?
but please do explain briefly either way ,why?
as i am more intrested in that
thanks.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
messenger.com works via browser ua switching but cannot log in so maybe thats easier fix if applicable

an idea came to my mind
minimal barebones most recent debian based chroot enviroment
i am thinking of cliking an icon on the homescreen that logs in to debian where the desktop is modefied for finger friendliness or simply precustomised desktop with large icons
chroot to debian because it offers more recent browser ,packages and librarys so we have better chances basicaly creating a firefox os like experience that can run web apps and provide more comapitablity with websites but with a twist as its debian we can use more native programs that can be minorly optimised for touch in addition its a sandboxed enviroment too.
is it possible to run multiple chroots?
also we can use a lot of programmes with the keyboard too.
is this doable sensibly or too much work ?
but please do explain briefly either way ,why?
as i am more intrested in that
thanks.
Do you know that running another webkit/gecko based browser with dependency libs counted in tenth(if not hundred) of megabytes is much more heavier/slower/resource hungry than running simple html parser? (Dunno about Freemantle, but on Harmattan we are already using purple plugins trough telepathy)

The Following User Says Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
Doesn't work for me either... also, even if it is not as widely used, yahoo messenger doesn't seem to work either (but I can connect with pidgin from my desktop).

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Any news about this stuff?
I saw that Fb unlocked some of our devs accounts.

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
the same devs are also fixing other more important stuff on the N900, unfortunately... so you can understand. I don't see it happening anytime soon

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
the same devs are also fixing other more important stuff on the N900, unfortunately... so you can understand. I don't see it happening anytime soon
Understood.

Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
Really? Over a year passed already and there is absolutley no movement on fixing this problem? Is it really so hard? Most platforms fixing bugs like this in matter of days, n9 chat still works.

Are we forced to buy android shitty phone just to chat over fb?

And don't tell me about fixing other important stuff on n900, it's seven years old platform, what is the point of doing more and more over it?

Just keep diggin' to get 1% more of performance?

Im aware of that that many users have already their n900 in duty of other stuff, but also there is still many of us, that use this device as First-Phone and multimedia mobile devices so why developers don't thread us as serious as others?

Yeah, one fix is waaaay to much to ask.

Sorry for being rude, but if more stuff won't get minimal support, then platform will loose users and as it go, support&money needed to keep this alive and will improve competitors abilities.

Please, don't throw us away

The Following User Says Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Hi ridd92, move on dude, use android or iOS, or maybe windows phone if you want socmed, n900 and n9 are for the people that 'geeky' , indeed i miss both devices but for now my family and friends are more important, so i use android for now, no need to shame, no need to blame, even the creator aka nokia don't give a sh*t anymore, so you must understand that devs here didn't get any salary for doing all efforts and stuff, and hey why don't you try to fix it by yourself? Isn't that cool?

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Ridd92 View Post
Really? Over a year passed already and there is absolutley no movement on fixing this problem? Is it really so hard? Most platforms fixing bugs like this in matter of days, n9 chat still works.

Are we forced to buy android shitty phone just to chat over fb?

And don't tell me about fixing other important stuff on n900, it's seven years old platform, what is the point of doing more and more over it?

Just keep diggin' to get 1% more of performance?

Im aware of that that many users have already their n900 in duty of other stuff, but also there is still many of us, that use this device as First-Phone and multimedia mobile devices so why developers don't thread us as serious as others?

Yeah, one fix is waaaay to much to ask.

Sorry for being rude, but if more stuff won't get minimal support, then platform will loose users and as it go, support&money needed to keep this alive and will improve competitors abilities.

Please, don't throw us away
Well, my FB developer account is still blocked, by FB, for yet unknown reason. Now, could you tell me how am I supposed to fix chat or whatever? For example sharing plugin code, feel free to take over it and certify with FB:

https://github.com/community-ssu/sha...rvice-facebook

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
I have 0 knowledge of doing this stuff and my daily calendad doesn't allow me to scrath time to learn, it's simple.

I know about not regular and monthly sallary for devs, but im not sure what happens to my and others donations. This money don't comes from clouds, I must work on it.

And, so, Im asking again, if devs have this wide and practical knowledge on rebuild kernels and so, so why don't they have few minutes to focus on simple bugs? Or this is not so simple?

n900 losses charm when the build in and advantegous abilitis gets kicked down and leave to die? How this device is better than others when it's slowly dying every minute and this down-to-hell highway gets accelerated by ignoring others needs?

If money this is the point I will pay 100$ for person who will fix ths problem and agree to keep it alive for 2 years.

Im not jokeing now, I can write formal agreement and also, if the fix will be working I will make it available for free for anyone.

Is there a place where I can post my proposition? Or contact person who can find someone that will agree to do it?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:

Tags
facebook, maemo