Notices

Originally Posted by fredson View Post
Hi sony123,

I really like stockona, it's a great app. Thanks for your hard work.

I think I found a bug, so I'd like to report it. While editing your portfolio you can add stocks and enter the amount of shares and the 'price per share'. So far everything is fine but if I want to enter the price, I can't enter decimal values (e.g. 5.50). Maybe this is related to the fact, that for me (N9, german language) the keyboard only shows a comma (,) as a decimal separator and stockona expects a full stop?
After entering 5,50 for examle, and pressing save it shows "Buy @ NaN".

Edit: Changing keyboard layout to "swype" at least enables you to input fullstops instead of commas only. So issue fixed

Best regards
Fredson
Hi Fredson,

I enabled German keyboard but when I clicked on price/comission fields, the numeric keyboard came out so I am not sure what you mean. Can you take a screenshot?

Btw, I did not changed the language of my device, just the input method.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
Hi Fredson,
Can you take a screenshot?
Sure, here you are. As you can see, there is only a comma shown on my keyboard.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to fredson For This Useful Post:
Hi!

Actually, both of the formulas lead to the same result. Just go for the one which is easier to implement :-)

Regards

Beta build 0.6.6 is available for testing.

Changelog
- Automatically convert comma to stop for share/cost/comm fields in edit sheets.
- Add gain percentage in pull-down portfolio performance banner.
- Backend improvement to fix wrong fractional numbers when accumulating portfolio performance data.
- Partially fix local portfolio performance data unavailable in pull-down banner at app start up when google login is enabled. Now the performance data are populated after update timer is triggered or after user manually refreshes the quote data.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
Stockona has always been open-sourced but I never bother to publish the (ugly) codes until now....

Stockona source codes:
https://github.com/sony123/stockona

The source codes are up-to-date but one thing not included is the encryption key variable. You can easily define and include into the source code.
Let me know if there are missing files, and collaboration is more than welcomed!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
For those of you thinking about switching to BlackBerry 10... Stockona will be available on BB10 as well! (It will be the symbian version modified to work on BB10, though.)

Hi! I just saw, that there is a new version 7.0 available. Great to see, that this useful piece of software still gets updates! Are there any major changes on the new version?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meegofan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meegofan View Post
Hi! I just saw, that there is a new version 7.0 available. Great to see, that this useful piece of software still gets updates! Are there any major changes on the new version?
Three changes if I recall correctly. Had to remove google portfolio since google finance API stops working. As a result, add export to csv file option. Finally, a bug fix for manually refreshing quote data in detail view.

Stockona has recently been published into Blackberry World for BB10 platform. One request I got there was to use candlestick chart instead of line one. What do you guys think? Should I do that for Harmattan as well?

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
One request I got there was to use candlestick chart instead of line one. What do you guys think? Should I do that for Harmattan as well?
Absolutely! Please do go with candlestick.

And is there a way to improve Forex capabilities? Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
Absolutely! Please do go with candlestick.

And is there a way to improve Forex capabilities? Thanks!
Ok will do in next release.
Forex... Google finance doesn't suppprt that so not available in the app. I am not familiar with forex.. but if all you need is to track currency exchange rate, you can do so by adding symbol name, e.g. USDTWD and put all-capital CURRENCY in the exchange field.

(There is dark magic that can expose forex through Yahoo Finance... but it's so dark it creates user confusion and was buried long time ago )

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post: