Active Topics

N900 has excelente hardware with a beta software. It is like HULK, too much HW with no too much SW.

I have moved to a Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 with Android 1.5 flashed to 2.1 with custom kernel (leshak). I wanted my own opinion of Android.
The samsung hardware is not as good as N900s, 3.2 cam, display 320x480, only virtual keyboard which I donīt like, but it has other things that I really liked.

Of course GMail handling and calendar sync it's superb. Since I got my N900 9 months ago I wasnīt able to decently check and send emails. Before that I was using N95 with the gmail client and it was so much better than the N900.

The N900 has those amazing features that any linux user always wanted. 1st of all, a linux based OS, shell with mostly used commands, pretty much customizable and tweakable, comfortable to browse internet, but in the end mostly USELESS for productivity purposes, I come to realize that N900 will never be what I spected to be, maybe Meego will be, how knows.

I am not saying that I love my Android but it does what it supposed to do. I hate my N900.
For example, how come MMS should be developed by comunity? This is unacceptable. Community is doing an excelent job, but "main" features should be provided by Nokia. Using an open software OS does not mean that people has to code the missing apps.

GPS software sucks big time, but it will be free for life, thanks God. Need to be online to search even with the whole map downloaded!! And not always works. EMail client makes me want to break the "phone" (i know, Mobile computer/Internet tablet. Come on! Really?), knowing that lots of bugs will not be fixed or missing features will have to be developed by community makes me angry.

To make thing worst will all know that Meego is the next spoiled baby which will get Nokiaīs attention.
"no no, N900 users will not be left behind, but they will get stuck with maemo which will no longer get major updates". Maemo users have been waiting almost a year for a decent firmware, any time soon we will move on and buy a Meego based phone, or Android or whatever and every one will slowly loose interest on this cheap release of a "flag ****" phone.

It is great for "experimenting" and really bad for common use.

I donīt recommend this device to anyone.

The Following User Says Thank You to dhcmega For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I don't have much to say regarding your rants but I'd like you to know I enjoy using this N900 immensely, and I can still discover many interesting things in it daily. I think I'm not alone.

It's just like your girl(boy)friend. You want it to be good looking, smart and easy; but if you want her/him go easy with you, don't expect s/he is too smart.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
I'own both of them and can't avoid getting pissed after 20' of the galaxy spica. no freedom. it's just a dumb shi tty mobile like many millions of others. and browsing su cks. but I was waiting for years a for a phone like n900 and I'm more than happy about. and, let me conclude in "finesse": WHO CARES?
please stop trolling

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
Assuming that you and n900 will be divorcing soon, I will offer €150 plus postage to Dublin, Ireland! lol

Rgds and tks, Ian

@ dhcmega
when you blatantly speak garbage like that then who will believe
when you say

"I donīt recommend this device to anyone. "

you should try the comedy circuit

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Hmm... i am using Gmail too without any problems. Using Erminig for syncing caleder.. What are the problems you have? Have you tried another client like QMF?

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by dhcmega View Post
N900 has excelente hardware with a beta software. It is like HULK, too much HW with no too much SW.
Bwahahahahaha
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Hmm... i am using Gmail too without any problems. Using Erminig for syncing caleder.. What are the problems you have? Have you tried another client like QMF?
so a none native app would be his solution? like he said once again the community has to step in where Nokia does not

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
so a none native app would be his solution? like he said once again the community has to step in where Nokia does not
Android users keep telling everyone that it's all about the third-party 'apps', so surely those same people cannot complain about the need for third-party solutions on the N900.

The N900 is far from perfect, but there is no obvious replacement for it atm. Android is no match for Maemo.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by superg05 View Post
Well.. for me the stock is more than enough but as he had problems.. i tried to propose a solution. QMF is pretty new so he might not have tried it.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:

Tags
king doucher, troll hive mind