Gapless playback?
Please implement gapless playback!

From any and all N9 DJs
x

Still waiting for the Maemo/N900 version

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2012 @ kenya
the new version 1.6.394 is amazing...awesome sound control.,.,

The Following User Says Thank You to kibet85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I don't usually listen music from my phone thus I don't care much for musicplayers.

BUT i just tried the QuasarMX and in my opinion it is a piece of art!
Show your love and support the artist by buying the full version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
I enjoy this player so much. So clear sound and very fast and smooth software. Money well spent. One thing is annoying me, every time i shutdown the software, some of settings are disabling. For example treble echancer and volume amplifier. So every time i have to adjust those again and again. I need them, because i listen my N9 in my car via FM transmitter and radio. With those adjustments, sound is very clear and deep from my volvo´s lousy default speakers. Eq is still the same after player shutdown and reopening.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corsten For This Useful Post:
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
A nice player indeed with nice additional features compare to the stock player.
A little request: could be nice if it will be integrated with Billboard (which can show the current music on the standby screen but only for the stock player).

And would be nice as well to see some improvements : anti-clip sometimes reduce too much the volume and if not clicked, then the sound is not that nice.

I agree that sound preferences could be saved when closing the app.

At the end, a very pleased customer

The Following User Says Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post:
I would really love if this app would be able to stream songs to a DLNA renderer instead of local playback!

The Following User Says Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Thank you, glad most of you like the new version!
I am now working on fixing the remaining bugs and adding minor features (options in settings etc.) before starting work on the next milestones.

Known issues that will be fixed in the next release:
- Random mode repeating songs over and over again (temporary fix: switch to completely random mode in settings)
- Sound settings do not persist on restart (Fullversion only)
- Awkwardness of the sound settings UI: I am working on improving it, please bear with me.

The next version will also feature support for Billboard. I contacted Thomas (thp) and he told me what I need to implement in order for Billboard to show the current media file (hint: ContextKit Media.NowPlaying core property).

Thanks again!
Andre

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Germany, Oldenburg
Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
I would really love if this app would be able to stream songs to a DLNA renderer instead of local playback!
DLNA rendering might be possible since I can easily switch the audio sink in the Meteora backend to some custom audio output. Though for reasons of keeping the whole audio backend cross-platform and working on Harmattan, Symbian, Android and Blackberry 10 I am not using GStreamer or Phonon, so existing plugins would have to be "thunked" or adapted.
Also, I am not using DLNA streaming myself, so I would have to first study it a bit and see what is required to stream audio. Adding it to my TODO list. No promises.

The Following User Says Thank You to evilJazz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Great application.
I am strongly considering to buy the full version, but the somewhat high price keeps me from doing it. For this price I want a perfect (from my point of view) application.
Two things are missing for this:
- Stop playback after this song
- Stop playback after a certain amount of time.

Reasons are: I hate interrupting songs, but there are times I want to stop listening without watching the song till it ends. Additionally I hear audiobooks on the N9. Sometimes to fall sleep. Problem is: If the audiobook keeps playing the whole night, my battery gets drained and I sometimes miss the alarm because my brain assumes its just another noise from the audiobook.

When you have implemented these or one of them and some of the other tiny wishes I have, which others already mentioned, I will buy Quasar MX instantly

Tags
music, musicplayer, player, quasar, quasarmx