Active Topics

Notices

Yes. but where do I find it?
I check the version I installed by Setup/Applications/Manage Applilations/Billboard and it shows 1.1.1.
Is this not the latest version?

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by fhutt View Post
Yes. but where do I find it?
On your homescreen...

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by beba View Post
no. i didn't know that. now i don't want the thing to stop moving around.
If it does stop moving around that's a serious issue you'll forever have a reminder of when you changed your setting, including the date and time

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

imaginaryenemy, I don't have any new icons on my home screen.
Have I installed it correctly?
I uninstalled V1.1.0 and then installed V1.1.1. Or, should I have installed V1.1.1 on top of V1.1.0?

imaginaryenemy, I don't have any new icons on my home screen.
Have I installed it correctly?
I uninstalled V1.1.0 and then installed V1.1.1. Or, should I have installed V1.1.1 on top of V1.1.0?
The app has a new icon. The icon you click on to open Billboard is new. The N9 on the icon is white now, and has different text on it. That's it. Nothing special. Not a new feature, just an aesthetics update.

As I understand what you are saying - there is no extra Refresh button, just the Billboard button (with changed colours), and when this button is pressed, Billboard refreshes and the configuration window opens. This refreshing is supposed to be new since the change log states that. Is this the current behaviour?

Edit: Just tested Billboard refresh feature as stated above. Yes, that is how it works.

Last edited by fhutt; 2014-05-12 at 04:49.

As I understand what you are saying - there is no extra Refresh button, just the Billboard button (with changed colours), and when this button is pressed, Billboard refreshes and the configuration window opens. This refreshing is supposed to be new since the change log states that. Is this the current behaviour?
Now I understand your confusion. The icon has been "refreshed", meaning it is new. It doesn't do any "refreshing", he just meant he updated the icon to a fresh new look.

I did a test as follows:
Opened config window, changed some text, the preview did not show the change. Closed config and launched again and the preview window showed the change.
Unfortunately, I didn't do this in the previous version.

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Then you have some problems with the installation because it works fine here.

The Following User Says Thank You to setter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
The app has a new icon. The icon you click on to open Billboard is new. The N9 on the icon is white now, and has different text on it. That's it. Nothing special. Not a new feature, just an aesthetics update.
Exactly. It's all about a new PNG that replaces the old one, so your Billboard icon looks different in the launcher, it's not a new feature, just a visual refresh.

Old one: http://thp.io/2012/billboard/logo.png
New one: http://thp.io/2012/billboard/logo2013.png

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: