Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
Originally Posted by meme View Post
What do you mean, ready to be shipped? If I don't get the phone by Friday Oct 2 2009, I am going to cancel this pre-order. I have 2-day free shipping with Amazon Prime, so no shipping today then f**K cancle the order.
I don't think getting upset over an unknown date will really speed up the process.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@meme: way to say it bro. I think they'll give you special treatment cause you're so brave.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

OK. Got to work and able to check Amazon and still says pre-order. Not sure why they sent an email saying it was ready to order. I signed up to have them email when it became available. Sorry for any confusion or heart attacks.

Originally Posted by mhotep View Post
OK. Got to work and able to check Amazon and still says pre-order. Not sure why they sent an email saying it was ready to order. I signed up to have them email when it became available. Sorry for any confusion or heart attacks.
That wouldn't have been some link that displays to send you an email when it becomes available to *pre-order* again would it? I think you mistook Amazon's allocated stock for actual available stock...

Originally Posted by ciaomatteo View Post
That wouldn't have been some link that displays to send you an email when it becomes available to *pre-order* again would it? I think you mistook Amazon's allocated stock for actual available stock...
That may have been the case. I pre-ordered it weeks ago ,adnsigned up for them to email me when it became available. It has gone out of stock I think twice since then and never got an email. So when I checked my email this morning the header said ready to order, I thought it meant in stock and would be ordered, not pre ordered. Again I apoligize for misleading anyone. Just too excited.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by mhotep View Post
Got email from Amazon. It's ready to order!
I got the same email

We're happy to inform you that the items you requested are now available to order from Amazon.com!

Last edited by les_garten; 2009-09-30 at 14:22.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I got the same email

I just want my phone...

I sold my unlocked iPhone 3G and sent it away yesterday to offset the cost of the N900--I'm back to using my E90 but I really, really want my N900...I have dreams of the N900, rubbing it's curves, it's sexiness, it's beauty...oh yeah!

their message has been changed now it says they need little more time
<quote> "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time.
" <quote>

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
LOL, I bet they don't know anything more than we know.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Somerville MA - USA
In case any one is curious I got this email from amazon about 30 min ago:

Hello from Amazon.com.

Thanks for ordering the Nokia N900 Unlocked Cell Phone/Mobile Computer. When you placed your pre-order, the detail page incorrectly indicated that the phone will work with AT&T 3G within the United States.

The Nokia N900 only works with T-Mobile 3G within the United States. If this wasn't what you expected, we understand if you'd like to update or cancel your order. You can make order changes here:

Maybe now they are clearing up any loose ends and getting ready to ship...