Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Update: The device is now sold. Thank you to all that showed interest.

Last edited by Prozac786; 2012-12-10 at 17:01.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Birmingham, UK
oh, i would have this. i paid £289 for a black 64gb at CEX, because i was impatient. Oh my.

Well you can add a white one to the collection if you like?

Can you confirm who will validate this warranty?

Well the proof of purchase validates the date of the warranty and I have everything that came in the box with me including the warranty booklet etc.

I also think you can check on the Nokia website by entering the phone's serial number and it tells you if it is still under warranty or not.

(I remember doing this a while back with my N900)

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
It is only an estimated warranty time I think. What bothers me is for which country was this N9 destined. I think warranty works only in a country of origin.

Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
It is only an estimated warranty time I think. What bothers me is for which country was this N9 destined. I think warranty works only in a country of origin.
What you said is true, especially in the European Union. This is the direct quote from Nokia's Limited Warranty:
"This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you have purchased the Product provided that Nokia has intended the Product for sale in that country. However, if you have purchased the Product in a member state of the European Union, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland or Turkey and Nokia originally intended the Product for sale in one of these countries, this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all of these above listed countries. Some limitations to the warranty service may apply because of country specific elements in the Products."
However, I've heard cases where some Nokia care centers do not even give thought to the products country of origin.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-12-09 at 20:32.

This has been answered before in another thread by Jaylist if I remember correctly, where a phone that was purchased in Denmark and brought to Germany was covered by Nokia Warranty because Denmark and Germany are both in the EU.

EU Law makes it compulsory for the warranty to be valid in ALL EU Countries.

And the phone is directly from Finland.

Also warranty time is not estimated, as under EU Law, all electronic devices have to offer a full 2 year warranty from date of purchase.

So because the phone was purchased from an EU Country, you will be covered under warranty until March 2014 as long as you are in any EU country.

The Following User Says Thank You to Prozac786 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
This has been answered before in another thread by Jaylist if I remember correctly, where a phone that was purchased in Denmark and brought to Germany was covered by Nokia Warranty because Denmark and Germany are both in the EU.

EU Law makes it compulsory for the warranty to be valid in ALL EU Countries.

And the phone is directly from Finland.

Also warranty time is not estimated, as under EU Law, all electronic devices have to offer a full 2 year warranty from date of purchase.

So because the phone was purchased from an EU Country, you will be covered under warranty until March 2014 as long as you are in any EU country.
Yes I forgot completely about that while I was writing up my post. Good luck with the sell, I am sure someone will take the beauty off your hands.

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-12-09 at 22:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ asheville NC
might be interested but I am in US ? if interested and can ship across the pond, PM me. Apparantly you cannot receive PM

Last edited by shreesathe; 2012-12-10 at 10:26.