Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
Hi all !

I'm a Qt developper and N900 owner, and i have used Grr for accessing my RSS feeds, but i found the program being not this easy to use, and lacking some quick access functions.
i don't saw a developper thread for it on this forum so i created mine to announce this :

i have forked Grr, and added a toolbar and autorotating on each window,
and created a repository on Gitorious : http://gitorious.org/grr4meego/grr4meego/trees/master

you can download it by clicking on the 'download master as tar.gz' button on the right panel

and then compile it for your n900 using QtSDK 1.0 (including Qt4, QtCreator 2.0 and MADDE).

and you will be all to run it on your n900

i will try to push it to extra devel soon

some screenshots on my device :

i hope you will find it cute !

The Following 54 Users Say Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
Hope to see it in the repos soon.

thanks.

i'm like a fool of the UX and i'm trying to remake some Qt4 apps with a great potential and IMO poor UIs :
- Grr : google reader client
- Trojita : imap mail client (quite finished, some speed otpiomisations to do, screenshot below to demonstrate state of things ) :

- CuteExplorer : file manager

and then i try to either merge with original program, or push it like a fork in repos....

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
i would say that generally, good developper are weak in design and graphics so i try to use my developping competences to enhance the UI, leaving the core to original devs.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
This is brilliant, can you confirm that IMAP email will be part of this per your screen shot, please push an easy to install version asap to the app manager.

Brilliant work and just the type of slick design needed for Maemo

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Please attach a deb or the .tar.gz of the compiled app, someone?

Thanks for the awesome work, the UI looks very very nice, though the toolbar seems a bit big in size.

Maybe you can send the maintainer an email to request a merge, that way repository will have this update too.

i've just uploaded .deb packages in my FTP :

http://modern-os.projects.servhome.org/maemo.org/

but be carefull, these are testing only packages : install them only if you know what you do
executables will be in /usr/local/bin

no icons in menu a the moment, i'm working on that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
UPDATE :
added icons in menu after install

The Following User Says Thank You to TheBootroo For This Useful Post:
I should perhaps rename this thread to 'Qt4 apps REMAKES' but i don't know how to do that.

for trojita : the ui is quite unfinished and slow but i have to tell you one thing : to expand folders in main view, just tap the icon on the left of the entry. tapping the entry itself will show it's content (messages)
in trojita you can choose in params the rotation policy. I will surely add this feature to grr too
i will publish an update later with an UI to set special folders with beautiful icons (sent, trash ...) as soon i have finished it.