Active Topics

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by fotis View Post
Νικο ή Qwazix, αν καποιος απο τους δυο σας βρει χρονο, μια επεξηγηση της διαδικασιας βημα προς βημα (οδηγιες για ασχετους) θα ηταν ανεκτιμητη. Μεχρι στιγμης εχω βρει το directory και εχω βρει και τα αρχεια (στο τηλεφωνο, οχι ομως οταν συνδεθω με το pc). Εβαλα και τη συσκευη σε developer mode. Δεν εχω ιδεα τι πρεπει να κανω με τον κωδικα του qwazix ουτε εχω βρει τροπο να επεξεργαστω τα αρχεια qml.

ευχαριστω πολυ
mia apo ta idia

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
It's late so I can't write an advanced guide but here's a quick overview. You have to enter the following commands in terminal. Stuff after # are comments, you don't need to type them (not that it does any harm if you do)
Code:
devel-su
You will be asked for password. Nothing will show up when you type the password but don't worry. The password is the one which you entered when you enabled developer mode

After successfully entering password, press enter and the terminal prompt should change from bash-3.2$ to bash-3.2#

Code:
cd /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts
curl -O http://play.qwazix.com/jolla_layouts/el.qml
curl http://play.qwazix.com/jolla_layouts/layoutsappend.conf >> layouts.conf
If you want to be able to switch between greek and english with the touch of a button, do the following instead of the above (all other languages will be disabled)

Code:
cd /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts
curl -O http://play.qwazix.com/jolla_layouts/quick_switch/el.qml
mv en.qml en.qml.bak #back up old english layout
curl -O http://play.qwazix.com/jolla_layouts/quick_switch/en.qml
mv layouts.conf layouts.conf.bak #back up old layout configuration
curl -O http://play.qwazix.com/jolla_layouts/quick_switch/layouts.conf
curl -O http://play.qwazix.com/jolla_layouts/quick_switch/globe.png
For the changes to be applied exit root and restart the keyboard server
Code:
systemctl --user restart maliit-server.service
or just
Code:
killall maliit-server
Enjoy

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2013-12-27 at 15:38. Reason: killall was too brutal :P -- added 'exit' root

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Indonesia
It's work..... Emoji Keyboard..

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Yoyocx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Here is a French-Swiss keyboard (clavier Suisse Romand), remove the .txt in the end.

(Click here for a French-Swiss keyboard with color emojis).

Add the following lines in the layouts.conf file or create a new file as explained in this thread:

[fr_ch.qml]
name=Francais Suisse
languageCode=FR
handler=Xt9InputHandler.qml

Restart your Jolla afterwards or restart maliit server as explained by dcihlar:

systemctl --user restart maliit-server.service

Edit: new version, modified the position of accents for the letter "U".
Edit 2: modified .conf file valid for FW 1.0.05.16, remove the .txt in the end.
Edit 3: new version, valid for FW 1.1.4, remove the .txt in the end.
Edit 4: add link for the French-Swiss keyboard with color emojis.
Attached Files
File Type: txt FR-CH.conf.txt (76 Bytes, 108 views)
File Type: txt fr_ch.qml.txt (4.2 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by Jordi; 2015-10-31 at 23:07.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Syria - Tartus
is there any arabic layout ??

Is is possible to add web site suffix button?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Still waiting for the keyboard layout with arrows...

Will it be possible to implement with just schema change or does it need patching of binaries?
I was able to add the left-right buttons, but it requires changes in a few qml files...

Make sure you have a backup of /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla and /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts.

There are two layouts included, a modified English and a new Hungarian one. Both has cursor arrows.
There is a dedicated switch (or "toggle") button as well, which changes between this two languages with one click. You might want to change the target language or disable it althogether: you can do it in the SpacebarRowArrowHu.qml file (just remove the FunctionKey section to disable the toggle, or change the index to the appropriate language)

Put en.qml and hu.qml to the /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts, the rest to the /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/ directory.

Oh, and don't forget to add this to the layouts.conf file:
Code:
[hu.qml]
name=Magyar
languageCode=HU
Name:  JollaKeybHu.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  17.5 KB
Attached Files
File Type: zip ArrowHu.zip (6.5 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by cstom; 2013-12-26 at 15:17. Reason: added a missing code sniplet & replaced the file

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cstom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Updated Popper.qml to enable long click for character capitalization, goes in upper folder (make a backup of the original). Shouldn't break the accents and should work with other layouts too.

Video of the feature in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMOwuD8nr1M

Get it here

Last edited by Bundyo; 2013-12-26 at 15:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Nice, thanks! Can be used also for slovenain I made my own keyboard where šđčćž are directly accesible, but have some problem(s) with spacing and is not suitable for general use.

One note for "systemctl" command -- should be run us normal user, running as root will return an error "Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to verify owner of bus."
Indeed, we can use the Croatian one as a base for the Slovenian; the keyboard layouts for Slovenian and Croatian are usually the same (dates back to the late Yugoslavia...), our new standard (SIST 1044:2009) is not widely used ...

However, we could remove several accent chars which are not used in Slovene (ä, å, ñ,etc.) to make it simpler... I'll have a go at it.

Maybe I overlooked it in this thread, but how do we push these layouts upstream? I'd like to select the Slovenian keyboard from a menu in the default installation, not copy and edit files

The Following User Says Thank You to andrej_v For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Maybe everybody knows this, but I was not aware -- if you create backup of layouts.conf, rename and leave .conf suffix, keyboards starts to multiply and after few switches active keyboard dissappear.

This gave me idea that maalit will read all conf files in /usr/share/maliit/plugins/com/jolla/layouts/.

So what I did -- instead of modifying original "layouts.conf" with additional definitions I made new "custom-layouts.conf" file and filled with custom keyboards.

I don't know if this is "proper" way, but it works. Usefull? Maybe

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post: