How do install patch ? I just flashed earlier version of multi room

The Following User Says Thank You to tomislav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Just boot into CM13, install Multirom app from Play Store and let it patch your kernel, but do not update the recovery. Just take a look at the xda link in the wiki.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by minimec View Post
Lipstick freeze workaround

I do also encounter UI freezes from time to time (once a day seems accurate and NOT during calls). My workaround is the Powermenu2 app in combination with a launcher I created, which basically restarts the lipstick UI. So when the screen is 'on' I can simply 'long press' the power button and lipstick will restart..
That's a good workaround, and since I have had 2 such freezes last week I thought of setting that up.

HOWEVER it seems I have today found a way to get out of the lipstick freeze without that, using just gestures!
(To be confirmed yet, I'll have to wait for the next freeze and try to unlock my device again the same way before I can say it is official)

So, provided your freezing is the same kind as mine;

When my device locks up in lipstick freeze, what happens is the screen still responds in a "partial way"; When I for example pull it out of my pocket when the screen is off, the LPM screen activates and by double-tapping I get the "bright lockscreen" where I'd need to swipe left or right to enter unlock code. Now, this is where the screen is not responding, I cannot pull it right or left, it just don't move.

Now, I realized if I push power button quickly twice, I will get to the unlock code entering dialog. Well, cannot do much there since there's the freeze and none of my tapping of the numbers works.

Now comes the funny part, I found out how to enter the lock code numbers!
It seems that you need to do two-finger taps, and not one-finger taps to activate the screen as "one tap", so when keying in the numbers, at the same time with each keystroke tap the upper part of the screen with another finger!!!
Magic happens; the numbers are reacting, and when you tap the "open" button you will get to normal SFOS screen and it is not hung any longer!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Just boot into CM13, install Multirom app from Play Store and let it patch your kernel, but do not update the recovery. Just take a look at the xda link in the wiki.

Thanks a lot, any walk arounds for viber app

The Following User Says Thank You to tomislav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 592 | Thanked: 1,603 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Berlin / Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That's a good workaround, and since I have had 2 such freezes last week I thought of setting that up.

HOWEVER it seems I have today found a way to get out of the lipstick freeze without that, using just gestures!
(To be confirmed yet, I'll have to wait for the next freeze and try to unlock my device again the same way before I can say it is official)

So, provided your freezing is the same kind as mine;

When my device locks up in lipstick freeze, what happens is the screen still responds in a "partial way"; When I for example pull it out of my pocket when the screen is off, the LPM screen activates and by double-tapping I get the "bright lockscreen" where I'd need to swipe left or right to enter unlock code. Now, this is where the screen is not responding, I cannot pull it right or left, it just don't move.

Now, I realized if I push power button quickly twice, I will get to the unlock code entering dialog. Well, cannot do much there since there's the freeze and none of my tapping of the numbers works.

Now comes the funny part, I found out how to enter the lock code numbers!
It seems that you need to do two-finger taps, and not one-finger taps to activate the screen as "one tap", so when keying in the numbers, at the same time with each keystroke tap the upper part of the screen with another finger!!!
Magic happens; the numbers are reacting, and when you tap the "open" button you will get to normal SFOS screen and it is not hung any longer!!
Hm.... Will try on my Fairphone 2 next time, when it hangs....

The Following User Says Thank You to explit For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland

And it is confirmed, today I got the screen lockup again and managed to get out of it by the same method;
  • 1.) when the device stopped responding to touches, did double-push power button to lock it, then again double-push to get to the lockscreen pin entry.
  • 2.) did the number entry with 2-finger-taps and was able to unlock the device, unfreezing lipstick
Note; at least my device is prone to lipstick freeze after a phonecall, altough not every time, maybe one out of every 5 or so... Somehow dependant on what gestures I do after ending the call.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
And it is confirmed, today I got the screen lockup again and managed to get out of it by the same method;
  • 1.) when the device stopped responding to touches, did double-push power button to lock it, then again double-push to get to the lockscreen pin entry.
  • 2.) did the number entry with 2-finger-taps and was able to unlock the device, unfreezing lipstick
Note; at least my device is prone to lipstick freeze after a phonecall, altough not every time, maybe one out of every 5 or so... Somehow dependant on what gestures I do after ending the call.
Confirmed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Do we know the reason for those two UI freezes? I encounter them more often in the last months, is it related to the underlying CM, SFOS version ...?

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Do we know the reason for those two UI freezes? I encounter them more often in the last months, is it related to the underlying CM, SFOS version ...?
Not sure, I'll have a look at journal the next time it happens, now that I know how to get out of it.
Just a hunch, could be that some operation in UI gets lipstick in a non-happy path. Something that happens when an application's window is delayed in closing like the phone application does.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
For me your workaround does not work, but maybe its because i use mazelock patch.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid