Posts: 103 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Fortaleza @ Brazil
I want to test Nemo for N900 as a unique operating system and i want to know if at least basic functions works well like phone calls, web browser, wifi, 3G.

And i like to run Meego Harmattan apps in my device and i would like to know if this solution is mature enough to replace Maemo 5.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
and put this thread on harmattan session? Duh, afaik nemo is different from maemo6, cmiiw

It lacks e-mail, which is a basic function IMO. Otherwise - just give it a try. You can install it on the sdcard isn't it?

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
and put this thread on harmattan session? Duh, afaik nemo is different from maemo6, cmiiw
I already proposed several times to open a separate Mer section for Mer derivatives including Nemo, to separate all the Harmattan clutter from Mer discussions. No one found it useful. Since, there is no dedicated section, and this one is caleld Meego/Harmattan i.e. subjects related to Meego or Harmattan and since Mer is essentially Meego (or you can say Meego's heir), it's not an unnatural place to post it.

So I'll ask again. Are there any moderators here who can create a forum subsection maemo.org > Talk > OS / Platform > Mer? This will give more clear separation between Harmattan and Mer subjects. And you can move all threads related to Nemo, Mer, Plasma Active and etc. there.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-05-02 at 20:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by guisoliver View Post
I want to test Nemo for N900 as a unique operating system and i want to know if at least basic functions works well like phone calls, web browser, wifi, 3G.

And i like to run Meego Harmattan apps in my device and i would like to know if this solution is mature enough to replace Maemo 5.
Phone calls, wEb browser, wifi, 3G, Sms all work.
I haven't managed yet to install any apps that aren't already present out-of-the-box via the built-in app managers. I'm sure though there is a couple methods downloading the files and doing things manually. Many Meego apps are proven to work as-is under Nemo on N900.
What most keeps me from using it now is that I have a german keyboard on 'N900 an currently there are only English and Russian locales available, also in the vkb.
Also, I couldn't get the camera to work.
Task management is also still awkward. The basic mechanism (slide inwards from the side) being elegant, it doesn't work in all apps, and I'd really like a hardware keyboard shortcut for it.
Everything looks pretty cool to me, I like the design a lot and tons of updates are being provided every week.
Some of the problems I'm listing here may be due to my ignorance or already obsolete.
However: to me Nemo it's still far from ready for everyday use (and development is not aiming to make this a priority in time), too many things still missing that I require daily as a power user and there are working solutions for in Maemo.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Nemo is not ready for primetime, you'll be more annoyed with it more than anything.

WiFi is wonky on mine, and the UI is very glitchy at times.
I do use it when I manage to break Maemo though, that full hardware support is very handy.

Hi
Does nemo (or meego) for the N900 feature a working Sim Application Toolkit?

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
The wiki is not clear about the sms https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Nemo/Status/Matrix, but bennypr0fance mentioned that sms is working. So is the wiki outdated? In that case, can someone provide the current scenario of Nemo on N900?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post: