Notices

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
anybody got problem of default sailfish weather if installed meecast event view? My sailfish weather startup, show a white display if installed event view of meecast
Rebooting the Jolla phone did not do the job for me: Jolla's own weather app always shows an all white screen.
This is under SailfishOS 1.1.6.27 with Meecast, meecast-demon, meecast-lockscreen and meecast-eventview installed in their recent versions from "Warehouse".
Unfortunately uninstalling meecast-eventview and rebooting did not bring Jolla's weather app back to life.

Anyway, as the flock of Meecast, meecast-demon, meecast-lockscreen and meecast-eventview is much nicer and provides more functionality compared to Jolla's weather app (and I liked OMweather on the N900 a lot), I keep all of them installed, although this setup renders Jolla's own weather app completely useless for me.
Besides that, Meecast, meecast-demon, meecast-lockscreen and meecast-eventview (each and every of them) work flawlessly.

Kudos for the really good work, vasvlad.

Last edited by olf; 2015-08-27 at 22:25. Reason: Addition

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
any chance to get the lockscreen widget back for 2.0 ? the native weather app looks good now but the forecast is crap :-(

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Is it difficult, if meecast would also show these 5 days forecast in events view?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
any chance to get the lockscreen widget back for 2.0 ? the native weather app looks good now but the forecast is crap :-(
I didn't try to install 2.0 yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Hi
I've just updated my phone to Sailfish OS 2.0.

Vlad.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Hi.
Last week I uploaded the new version of EventView of MeeCast.
This version is adapted to SailfishOS 2.0

Please try it.
https://openrepos.net/content/vasvla...ast-event-view

Vlad.
Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Thanks for the update.

As for feedback: I installed it last week, but it did not update itself. The issue seemed to be that the last_update label was commented out, but the related id was still used in the code.
After fixing that, my eventview was updated. Haven't seen any other complaints, so it could be just me

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
I can not get the eventsview Meecast info shwoing - is there a setting or something that controls this?

EDIT: OK, got it - had to activate it in Settings same way as the Jolla weather application.

Last edited by zlatko; 2015-10-11 at 18:48.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
I can not get the eventsview Meecast info shwoing - is there a setting or something that controls this?

EDIT: OK, got it - had to activate it in Settings same way as the Jolla weather application.
Which is? (I.e., I have not found that place in the JollaOS settings, yet.)

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Thanks for the update.
+1
Originally Posted by ade View Post
As for feedback: I installed it last week, but it did not update itself. The issue seemed to be that the last_update label was commented out, but the related id was still used in the code.
After fixing that, my eventview was updated. Haven't seen any other complaints, so it could be just me
I installed meecast-eventview many weeks ago and this release was offered to me in Warehouse yesterday as it should. When choosing to update it installed fine.

NB: But yet it does not show anything or I am missing, where it displays the forecast (or the switch to turn meecast-eventview on).