Originally Posted by ioan View Post
Just curious, are the N900 owners the main testers for the IPv6 beta?
Yes, the majority of handsets in the beta are N900s. It is the only place where power users who know what IPv6 is and IPv6 supported hardware converge.

Nearly all S60 phones support IPv6, but S60 users generally don't know or care about IPv6. And, people who know what IPv6 is do not want to use S60.

Android 2.3.4 has some new IPv6 code added that helps with IPv6, but we are still waiting on the OEMs to produce the required solution (including devices specific RIL) to make Android phones work with IPv6.

I am crossing my fingers that Meego will provide IPv6 support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmojoe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ddrown View Post
That's odd, it should show up in the list of connections whenever you have a cell signal. You can try removing your v6 connection by running: "/usr/bin/register_3g_ipv6 deinstall"

If you want to re-add the v6 connection after you deinstall, you just need to run "/usr/bin/register_3g_ipv6 install"
Well, I didn't do that, but I have a desktop widdget called ConnectNow, where you can spawn multiple instances on it on your desktop and select a connection for each one of them. So I designated one for IPv4 and it worked just fine, without removing the IPv6 NAT.
The standard thing that lets you switch connections is really broken for me, it's one of the things that I hate the most at the N900.

here comes the big day http://worldipv6day.org/

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Happy ipv6 day So far everything seems to be working for me.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Question: if you get hspa+ speeds with a even more plus dumbphone plan you still test ipv6? I was approved for beta, I installed per ddrone. thanks
@martycollinsesq

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by martycollinsesq View Post
Question: if you get hspa+ speeds with a even more plus dumbphone plan you still test ipv6? I was approved for beta, I installed per ddrone. thanks
Yep, if you have any kind of working internet on your n900 it should work with the IPv6 beta, too.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
You ALL IPv6 netizen pay attentions: the new android gingergreat 2.3.4 has IPv6 built-in!!!

Unannouned Easter bunny from android!

Somebody now in tmobile zone see whether nitdroid works. I will be in pittsburgh next week. Cant wait to try it out.

bun

Hey, would some of you ipv6 netizens wake up, please? anybody test it yet or I am the only with ipv6 and nitdroid 2.3.4? I am not in a tmobile zone, cannot test it. I would be in a couple of week. Very anxious to see whether nitdroid 2.3.4 can get online.

bun

What phone are you using?

n900

how about yours, n901 ?

bun

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile