Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
you suggesting jphone2 to be fully android device? because that's where people got, not by choice, by lack of choice :C
Not at all. The product is really not that important when you trying to break.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Not at all. The product is really not that important when you trying to break.
please elaborate

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Hopefully this thread doesn't de-rail into yet another let's-rant-about-what-jolla-does-wrong thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vistaus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Hopefully this thread doesn't de-rail into yet another let's-rant-about-what-jolla-does-wrong thread.
If it is constructive: here is how community thinks you should do it, why not
if we're back to idealistic transparency by 'ceo' advisor, yeah, hope we can skip trolls

Last edited by szopin; 2014-10-24 at 20:10.

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Germany - Potsdam
I never understood, why they ported their OS for other platforms. On the other side they had last months less resources to make the planed updates. Its time to decide what their business is? Selling their own phone with an open OS or selling another closed OS for multiple platforms?

Last year I thought they want to make their own phone with an open OS. If this was the objective, they should aim sharper at it.

The Following User Says Thank You to meemorph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
please elaborate
usually, when shopping for investments you are selling an idea, when you finally hit the market, it's still the idea, concept and not the actual product you are evaluate and selling. To me jolla should focus more on the idea and less product.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-10-24 at 20:21.

Originally Posted by meemorph View Post
I never understood, why they ported their OS for other platforms. On the other side they had last months less resources to make the planed updates. Its time to decide what their business is? Selling their own phone with an open OS or selling another closed OS for multiple platforms?

Last year I thought they want to make their own phone with an open OS. If this was the objective, they should aim sharper at it.
Like I said this was based decision, jolla goes under? Skilled coders won't drown, and there will be legacy of how to port Sailfish to any device (if they go under no legal problems right?), finally full blown linux on any android device, screw bionic

edit: nokia never achieved this, which is why maemo4 is so outdated cant even run cli programs from m5

usually, when shopping for investments you are selling an idea, when you finally hit the market, it's still the idea, concept and not the actual product you are evaluate and selling. To me jolla should focus more on the idea and less product.
please elaborate (sorry for repeating but still don't get it, edit: probably obvious and i just need morr beer, brb (beer right back?))

Last edited by szopin; 2014-10-24 at 20:32.

please elaborate (sorry for repeating but still don't get it, edit: probably obvious and i just need morr beer, brb (beer right back?))
Yep, more beer is probably needed. Let's say that when you launching something to the market you want the launch of the idea be like 3-4 beers or a bottle of wine. Too much alcohol and your idea will get wasted, too little and you don't get the right feeling.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-10-24 at 20:43.

Yep, more beer is probably needed. Let's say that when you launching something to the market you want the launch of the idea be like 3-4 beers or a bottle of wine. Too much alcohol and your idea will get wasted, too little and you don't get the right feeling.
As much as I love the Inebriati skit (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yEUlDNs8j-Q) still hoping for some good jolla related ideas

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post: