Active Topics

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
I don't think it's a problem with the N900.
I have my N900 set to automatic, & it's within seconds of several time servers here at work.

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by ahbarnasha View Post
I had the same problem, my clock was always about 2mins ahead.
So I downloaded OpenNTPD, works perfectly.
Mine was 6 mins fast - installed OpenNTPD and now it's within seconds - thanks for the tip

I have a similar problem. At first I had automatic clock updates turned on; the clock set itself 2 minutes ahead after a certain while, then 4 minutes ahead,.. I have another phone set to update teh clock automatically, the same provider, but never any issues with time.

I disabled automatic update of the clock and set it manually. It was okay for a while, but today it was again 2 minutes off. Must be a problem within the device.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
just install OpenNTPD and you will have an accurate clock. Remember that OpenNTPD needs internet access to work properly, so also check your dataplan with your mobile provider.

The Following User Says Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by raily View Post
just install OpenNTPD and you will have an accurate clock. Remember that OpenNTPD needs internet access to work properly, so also check your dataplan with your mobile provider.
I second that.

Originally Posted by raily View Post
I tried to update my earlier post, but I got into a meeting so I'm replying here instead. Unfortunately my current data plan is nonexistent. Even WiFi is hard to find where I'm at so using a service that'd update clock through internet is a bit useless. I'd rather have my phone keep the time correctly - strange, I never had a Nokia that had this kind of inaccuracy. Well, there is a good side - you're always early, but this also means you have to wake up earlier