Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I wish captain hindsight would bring his time machine , get it up to 88mph then we can go back and block indiegogo, and ban crowdfunding

I’m off to find a Chinese man called Michael , wish me luck .
She's still pretty much a WIP at the moment, but as soon as she's ready I'll let you know. Be about one and a half years altogether.
But by that time we're probably hundreds of pounds/dollars out of pocket and a bit wiser.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
On the flight to Vegas for CES 2018 on behalf of Livermorium

I will give more information after the first day of CES.

I have some plan of Livermorium helping Youyota behind the scene. Not confirmed yet. But I got some thoughts.

Michael has done a great job on his behalf, he has spent a lot already. Hope that won't be a waste.

PS: To answer some speculation on the PCB price above, it's not only the price. Because the PCB factory's reduction in capacity, delivery time is nearly doubled. If you need them quicker it's will cost more. If you don't pay extra they will probably won't deliver until April…

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post

I have some plan of Livermorium helping Youyota behind the scene. Not confirmed yet. But I got some thoughts.

Michael has done a great job on his behalf, he has spent a lot already. Hope that won't be a waste.

PS: To answer some speculation on the PCB price above, it's not only the price. Because the PCB factory's reduction in capacity, delivery time is nearly doubled. If you need them quicker it's will cost more. If you don't pay extra they will probably won't deliver until April…
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Please don’t break the rule. Unless it’s some yummy news! behind the scene? Me likey!

Enjoy! Buy some cool tech. Meanwhile where are sitting here waiting for the next step of evolution. A keyboard qwerty slider...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2018-01-08 at 18:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
won't deliver until April…
If that is really the worstcase, Michael could announce for may or july then and surprise everyone if april happens
Also as forementioned, there should be any kind of communication quick because to us rumor driven outsiders this might look more problematic as it really is behind the scenes?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
She's still pretty much a WIP at the moment, but as soon as she's ready I'll let you know. Be about one and a half years altogether.
No worries, we've got forever to invent a time machine

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France

Hope none of these plans could delay the ambitious project of a HWKB Livermorium device. This is by far the most anticipated device under my radar, the one device I can't wait to see and buy, perhaps in two copies. Even more so as my Jolla C is now dying of old age.

I hope the Youyota tablet project can be saved, I have one in the most expensive package ordered, and most of all that any putative failure would not compromise the long term survival of the Youyota company. But this tablet will not be a game changer in the mobile world by any means, the HWKB Livermorium phone might.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2018-01-09 at 11:15.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
For what its worth, I also prefer to receive the goods than refund. I can wait. I just want to have more devices with Sailfish OS.

I do not have much use for the tablet, but I will browse the web with it occasionally just to let the world know there is such a OS alive and kicking.

And I can tease some service providers who claim "Our service runs on ANY device" by asking how I can install their's application to this tablet.

Weird way to have fun, but I want to remind them that if they promise to run on ANY device, it really should mean ANY device. Not just some Android and iOS.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Tsippaduida View Post
Weird way to have fun, but I want to remind them that if they promise to run on ANY device, it really should mean ANY device. Not just some Android and iOS.
Brainwashed by this forum, I was also expecting only the two supported by major service providers. So you can imagine my surprise to find that a hapless colleague who through some unfortunate series of events ended up with a Lumia running Windows had Watsapp supported on his phone. I am the only odd one out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
I as another backer have no issue with the delay as long as the device actually arrives eventually, so I definitely prefer a device (even if delayed) to a refund.

BTW, I already have the original Jolla Tablet (bought it from a friend) and really like the form factor and hardware software combo (aside from the well known power management issues).

So I really hope I can obtain a backup/additional device though this campaign, possibly with a more fresh battery, which I hope could potentially help with the power management issues at least a bit.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I have never managed to get a hold of an original Jolla Tablet, so I am really holding out hope for this tablet for a while now. I'm fine with waiting longer if it means finally getting a device.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os