Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 1,097 | Thanked: 650 times | Joined on Nov 2007
#1
The Blackberry Tablet news for a slow day

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/27/r...kberry-tablet/
 
NvyUs's Avatar
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,007 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
#2
seen this earlier it looks very impressive but not out until 2011, if it was released before new year i would of got one b/c i really like the specs and the look of the UI
i think they have made the Nokia mistake of announcing something 5 months before shipping there will be many competitors out in the New Year all fighting in the tablet space.
the 1 GHz dual core and 1Gb ram are nice, on a minus PlayBook what a crap name.
 
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Oct 2009
#3
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
seen this earlier it looks very impressive but not out until 2011, if it was released before new year i would of got one b/c i really like the specs and the look of the UI
i think they have made the Nokia mistake of announcing something 5 months before shipping there will be many competitors out in the New Year all fighting in the tablet space.
the 1 GHz dual core and 1Gb ram are nice, on a minus PlayBook what a crap name.
For a brand new platform like this, they had to interest developers.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Odd_gunnic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Tn
#4
That UI looks great along with multitasking and has 2 cameras. Not sure which OS will be better QNX or Meego, both UI looks better than Android and Apple's OS. One thing sure though Meego is gonna have a tough fight ahead since RIM do have one of the best email system and plenty of business professional perfer BBM.
 
Capt'n Corrupt's Avatar
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
#5
The specs and the UI looks GREAT! I'm really surprised with this device.

It's puzzling that RIM is seemingly trying to infiltrate a young demographic as the material and even the device looks as though it is trying to rival the iPad. I would have thought they would have positioned their device for more for the business. Perhaps they are....
 
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Jan 2010
#6
specs look awesome, dual core arm cortex a9.
7 inch screen 1024x600

Wow, this thing is awesome.

No excuses for any other tablets to still be using single core arm cortex a8 from now on.

Nokia better make a kick *** tablet with meego or else they'll lose my money.

btw, is it me or does it the look of the os from the screenshots make it look like webOS?
 

The Following User Says Thank You to bxbomber For This Useful Post:
tso's Avatar
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,252 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
#7
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
The specs and the UI looks GREAT! I'm really surprised with this device.

It's puzzling that RIM is seemingly trying to infiltrate a young demographic as the material and even the device looks as though it is trying to rival the iPad. I would have thought they would have positioned their device for more for the business. Perhaps they are....
Perhaps they are trying to grab some young execs that went with iphone because the blackberry "is for tools"?

hell if some star is seen fondling this at a table somewhere, the sales numbers will go crazy.
__________________
Be warned, posts are often line of thoughts at highway speeds...
 

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
scribbles's Avatar
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
#8
Originally Posted by luckylefty View Post
That UI looks great along with multitasking and has 2 cameras. Not sure which OS will be better QNX or Meego, both UI looks better than Android and Apple's OS. One thing sure though Meego is gonna have a tough fight ahead since RIM do have one of the best email system and plenty of business professional perfer BBM.
It will do well I believe. 7" might be the sweet spot for those who don't want to carry a 10" cookie sheet around. I understand that QNX is used on NASA's Mars Exploration Rovers and is a very stable OS. Good for RIM, the iPad just got PWNED!!
__________________
Nokia N900 32GB [Retired]
OS: Maemo 5 (Debian Linux)
Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png
 
Posts: 202 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2009
#9
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
The specs and the UI looks GREAT! I'm really surprised with this device.

It's puzzling that RIM is seemingly trying to infiltrate a young demographic as the material and even the device looks as though it is trying to rival the iPad. I would have thought they would have positioned their device for more for the business. Perhaps they are....
My sister and my friends are pestering me to go buy a BB so they can BBM me. I think they already got the market cornered as seller of the ultimate communication machine. I which Nokia would come up with a system like BBm, they could embed it in their new phone model and release it a standalone service for their older phones. Thanks to the sheer size of their market share I believe it would be pretty popular though I don't see them investing in the infrastructure to support such an offering anytime soon.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
maluka's Avatar
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 899 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
#10
The UI does look great from the pics I've seen. Very MeeGoish. It's the first Blackberry device I may consider buying.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:54.