Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
#331
Originally Posted by rhastdan View Post
we do love nokia that's why we trying to make them realize the truth.
hows it goin so far?
seriously
i use the active topics thingy on the right
one or 2 are useful and rest are jus askin me to troll..
 
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
#332
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Pfft. If it existed and came from Nokia out of the box, he wouldn't have had anything to develop. If people weren't criticizing Nokia about not including it, he would not have had anything to resolve.

And if he listened to all of the "I don't need MMS" diehard Nokia folks, he wouldn't have done it. Instead, he listened to the complainers...

I get your point. But this is one where the complainers got traction on getting something done. The other folks that are just so gosh darn happy with everything right now, well... you see how that's gone so far.

No traction on getting things resolved, updated, fixed, or handed over more quickly.
why cant u request instead of complain?
its not like fMMS was nokia's creation..
 
gerbick's Avatar
Posts: 6,643 | Thanked: 14,886 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ undecided.
#333
Originally Posted by fahadj2003 View Post
why cant u request instead of complain?
its not like fMMS was nokia's creation..
Because requests are seen as complaints around here too for some reason.
__________________
gerbick | Jolla Tablet | iPhone X [ 256GB iOS 12.1 Beta ] | iPad Pro [ 256GB iOS 12.1 Beta ]
Former Maemo Council Member - 2015
 
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Sep 2010
#334
The strength of Nokia lies in its features and compatibility.
I am no Android fanboy, else I would have jumped ship a long time ago, but isn't Android all about features and compatibility? Low end phones, high end phones, hardware keyboard, no hardware keyboard, 3G, 4G (if you wanna call it that), a central application store, high quality games, decent media support, etc etc.

If the strength of anything is features and compatibility, it's Android.
 
Texrat's Avatar
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,025 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
#335
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Because requests are seen as complaints around here too for some reason.
By whom? Where?
__________________
Nokia Developer Champion
Different <> Wrong | Listen - Judgment = Progress | People + Trust = Success
My personal site: http://texrat.net
 
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
#336
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Because requests are seen as complaints around here too for some reason.
[Request] An MMS system for nokia?
that thread heading will get attention rather then
[**** nokia] WE NEED MMS NOW!!
 
ndi's Avatar
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
#337
How do people find year old threads? I can't keep up with the new ones.
__________________
N900 dead and Nokia no longer replaces them. Thanks for all the fish.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.
 
danramos's Avatar
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,453 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
#338
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
By whom? Where?
This thread has been very prophetic. Is there any chance that Nokia will ever make these N900's Maemo open-sourced or actually release a functioning, consumer-ready useful MeeGo image?
__________________
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR
 
Reply

Tags
fud, fud-ohwait-not, just shoot me, open source

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 23:55.